AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM), the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket, is launching Wine Club by Whole Foods Market on Oct. 1, to bring extraordinary, one-of-a-kind wines from around the world directly to wine lovers’ homes.
Whole Foods Market has partnered with wine.com to offer Wine Club members four shipments of six bottles each a year at the price of $125 per shipment, including shipping costs. Additional shipping charges may apply for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii. The exquisite wines, which epitomize variety and regional nuance, are hand-selected by Whole Foods Market’s wine experts, Doug Bell, global beverage buyer, and Devon Broglie, associate global beverage buyer and Master Sommelier, who have over 50 years of experience between them in the wine industry.
“Whole Foods Market has had a long-standing commitment to offering high-quality wines to customers. We were the first national grocer to open wine bars in our stores and the first to serve wines from kegs in order to preserve freshness and encourage sustainability,” said Bell. “The Wine Club by Whole Foods Market marks another first for the company, and we see it as the next evolution to satisfy and delight our very passionate wine shoppers. And, we look forward to turning on potential new shoppers or enthusiasts who might not live near a Whole Foods Market to some delicious wines.”
Just in time for holidays, shoppers may select between one and four shipments for gift memberships and can choose the date they’d like the first shipment delivered. Ongoing subscribers will receive new shipments in February, May, September and November and will receive their first shipment within a week of signing up. To sign up to be notified when the Wine Club launches on Oct. 1, visit http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/wine-club.
The Wine Club by Whole Foods Market makes it easy and enjoyable to try limited production wines, from old favorites to new, more obscure varieties. Tasting notes for the wines in the first shipment are below.
- Santa Julia Magna 2011 (Argentina) – This elegant, well-balanced red blends cabernet sauvignon, malbec and bonarda and has rich blackberry and plum notes with dark chocolate and exotic spice. This is an excellent, robust blend with great depth.
- H&G Los Carneros Pinot Noir 2012 (California) – This true example of California pinot noir showcases dark cherries, crisp cranberries and vanilla with an attractive crisp acidity.
- Sea Pines Chardonnay 2013, Russian River Valley (California) – Subtle aromas belie big flavors of green apple, lemon and vanilla bean. A pleasant richness hints at the use of just the right amount of oak for a lovely balance.
- Ca’Selva Prosecco (Italy) – Beautifully fresh and flavorful, this bubbly is made from organically grown grapes. Pale straw yellow with greenish highlights and an elegant, long-lingering foam, this wine has aromas of apples and peaches and is refreshingly fruit-forward with a hint of tartness.
- Chateau Boissezon-Guiraud St. Chinian 2012 (France) – Juicy without being over-ripe, this rich, luscious Languedoc red has a fine complexity on the nose with notes of violet, anise and aromatic Mediterranean herbs.
- Chateau Fonfroide Bordeaux Rouge 2012 (France) – Merlot, cabernet franc, cabernet sauvignon and malbec join together to create a nose that is intense and expressive, offering berry and spices scents, with blackcurrant, currant and vanilla notes. On the palate, the wine is well structured, with supple and silky tannins.
Visit wholefoodsmarket.com/wineclub to learn more.