NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After months of katana-waving mayhem and Titan destruction, Atari, one of the world's most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, announced today that its MOBA-like third-person shooter Minimum™ has exited Steam Early Access and is now available as a full release. Starting today, until September 17th, Minimum will be on sale for 50 percent off and available for $4.99. With full release, Minimum combatants can now team-up with other players in the new game mode, Co-Op Horde Mode, to fend off waves of fiendish block foes while defending strategic map points and seeing how long they can survive.
Minimum’s Full List of Launch Features Include:
- Co-Op Horde Mode – All the fun of Minimum's customizable armor and power-up weapons packed into hectic co-op arena. Fighters work with other players to survive as long as possible while battling waves of enemies and defending their territory.
- Device and Skin Customization – Minimum players now have the option to create and purchase cosmetic skins for their favorite weapons and armor. What's more, weapon skins function just like weapon schematics: combatants can craft additional copies of a skinned weapon, which they can trade to friends or other players alike!
- Altar of the Ancients Map – Set deep in the heart of a lush, uncharted jungle, Altar of the Ancients is a team death match map filled with twisting corridors that are home to a cult who worships Titans and the old ways.
- New Weapon: Beam Rifle - The Beam Rifle is a powerful new weapon that fires a continuous blast of devastating energy as its primary fire, while adding a directable explosion with its alternate fire.
- New Weapon: Bounce Rifle - The Bounce Rifle is a chaotic weapon that creates deadly encounters in closed quarters. Each shot ricochets off the surrounding environment, and given the high fire rate of the weapon it can turn any corridor or cave into a light show sure to put a stop to your enemies!
- Tutorial Map vs. Bots – Minimum’s fast-paced action can be daunting for newcomers, but that shouldn’t be a problem anymore thanks to a brand-new tutorial experience that introduces novice players to the core concepts and complexities of Titan mode to better prepare them for the rigors of Minimum’s unique brand of arena action.
- Steam Item Trading (Coming Soon) – Minimum now supports the Steam Inventory and Trading systems, where soldiers can trade weapons, blueprints and items from any titles that support the Steam Inventory system.
"Since launching Early Access, we’ve continually worked with our passionate community to improve Minimum’s development and use Early Access the way it was meant to, getting player feedback to create maps, fix balancing and prioritize new features to make Minimum a gaming experience unlike any other,” said Norm Nazaroff, Game Programmer at Human Head Studios. “Our players are passionate and we’ve been honored by their dedication to help make a solid game. We believe now that Minimum has officially released many more gamers will discover why the game’s fans have been so passionate about the genre-bending title."
Set in a minimalistic stylized universe, Minimum features fast-paced, session-based combat that pits teams of five against each other with powerful, craftable weapons. At the core of Minimum is a blueprint crafting system where players collect resources to create customized, upgradable weapons and armor that power-up during kill streaks, enabling skilled warriors to become deadlier as matches progress. Developed by Human Head Studios, Minimum features full Steam integration, which means players sign in with their standard Steam login and will have access to their Steam Wallet and Inventory, allowing them to trade crafting items, blueprints and other acquired items with their fellow Steam members.
Fans can visit www.playminimum.com to watch the trailer, register for game updates and receive free bonus in-game items. For more information about Minimum, follow us on Twitter @PlayMinimumGame, ‘Like’ us on Facebook and visit our Official Wiki page.
Atari (www.atari.com) is an interactive entertainment production company. As an iconic brand that transcends generations and audiences, the company is globally recognized for its multi-platform, interactive entertainment and licensed products. Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world-renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, Test Drive®, and RollerCoaster Tycoon®.
Atari has offices in New York and Paris.
© 2014 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
About Human Head Studios Incorporated
Human Head Studios Incorporated is a privately owned, independent game development studio based in Madison, Wisc. Founded in 1997, Human Head Studios began with the development of the highly innovative and award winning Rune. Dedicated to innovative play and top quality visuals, Human Head Studios has developed games for consoles and the PC.