FALLS CHURCH, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CSC (NYSE: CSC), a global leader in next-generation IT services and solutions, today announced that it is leveraging HP technology to deliver a comprehensive Testing as a Service (TaaS) platform. The platform provides HP’s market-leading quality management and testing software on a “pay-as-you-go,” on-demand consumption basis.
Demand for effective applications testing and lifecycle management tools continues to grow rapidly, as businesses are moving quickly to deliver applications and experiences that leverage the cloud, big data, and mobility. These organizations place a premium on speed and agility, and require an approach that allows them to spin up development projects when needed. CSC’s new HP-powered Testing as a Service platform is an ideal offering for these businesses, which can leverage HP’s world-class software to test and deliver high-quality, effective applications. This platform complements CSC's application security testing on-demand offering, released earlier this year.
“CSC will leverage HP solutions and tools, including HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Unified Functional Testing tools, to further strengthen our TaaS offering, enabling us to provide testing services to our clients in an agile approach,” said Manish Tomar, vice president and general manager, Applications Managed Services, CSC. “Together, CSC and HP will provide next-generation Software Testing services to our clients. CSC’s innovative platform certifies client work product on the latest systems, while helping customers to reduce usage-based expenses, improve application quality, speed time to market, and engage higher user adoption.”
“It’s not enough for agile application teams to deliver new applications quickly – they have to work, perform, and delight users on a dizzying array of devices and platforms,” said Raffi Margaliot, vice president and general manager, Application Delivery Management, Software, HP. “By teaming with CSC we will provide developers with a flexible, on-demand platform that will allow them to deliver applications fast and with confidence.”
HP Application Testing Solutions
A leader in testing and applications lifecycle management for over a decade, HP offers solutions designed for the challenges of software in the New Style of IT:
- HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Quality Center - An open platform to manage the lifecycle of requirements, development, testing and defect management with complete transparency for predictable, yet agile delivery; and
- HP Unified Functional Testing - An easy to use, comprehensive test automation capability for modern mobile, web, ERP and composite applications.
CSC Testing as a Service
CSC’s independent TaaS offering is a one-stop shop for all testing services, and helps clients improve the quality, reliability and performance of IT systems, speed time to market for applications and reduce software testing cost. CSC offers a balanced mix of traditional and next-generation testing solutions for clients across technologies, industry verticals and geographies, and helps provide secure, fast, and reliable applications. A global leader in applications testing, CSC’s approach offers:
- Lower cost - CSC’s TaaS helps clients reduce costs by turning CAPEX into usage-based OPEX;
- Resource flexibility and optimization - TaaS allows clients to staff up quickly when needed and release resources when they are not needed;
- Advanced test environments - Best-of-breed tools and the latest devices and platforms are all part of CSC’s TaaS offering, eliminating the need for large financial outlays;
- Professional testers - Supplement core teams with CSC professional testers, who provide all the reporting and metrics required to meet governance requirements, and CSC retains all test assets for future client needs; and
- Fully managed testing - When needed, CSC can supply a fully managed test service, also available on demand.
“IDC research has shown growing adoption of testing-as-a-service as organizations seek ways to drive down costs,” said Pete Marston, research manager - Application Development, Testing, and Management Services, IDC. “Although not as mainstream in usage as compared to other cloud-based application services, IDC expects continued growth in TaaS usage over the next 24 months. Service providers that extend their testing service capabilities with TaaS, stand to be positioned well to meet upcoming buyer demand as more organizations weave cloud-based testing services into their application development and management initiatives.”
For more than 20 years, CSC and HP have applied their combined strengths to provide best-in-class technology and services to plan, build and deploy the optimal solutions to client infrastructures. For more information on the CSC and HP alliance, go to: http://www.csc.com/global_alliances/alliances/32234-hp.
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) is a global leader of next generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. The Company's mission is to enable superior returns on our client's technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 76,000 employees and reported revenue of $13.0 billion for the 12 months ended July 4, 2014. For more information, visit the company's website at www.csc.com.