NOVATO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--High net worth homeowners require protection tailored to their unique needs, which is why Fireman’s Fund (www.firemansfund.com) has unveiled new coverages and enhancements to its Prestige Home℠ Premier product, now available in six states and filing nationwide through 2016.
Homeowners in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois1, Missouri, and Oregon are now able to take advantage of the new product, which includes first-of-its-kind travel coverage endorsed directly onto the homeowner policy, with a convenient once-per-year purchase to cover all travel for any household family residents within a policy year. Additional leading features include extensive equipment breakdown protection, and including certain Trusts & LLCs in the definition of an insured.
“From families with generational wealth to entrepreneurs, we understand the complexities that come with protecting high net worth individuals and their assets,” said Joe Kinsey, field vice president of personal insurance, Fireman’s Fund. “As the technology and risks affecting homeowners’ lives change and evolve, so should their insurance protection.”
New and enhanced endorsements include:
- Prestige Journeys℠: administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which, like Fireman’s Fund, is a company of Allianz, the Prestige Journeys℠ endorsement provides travel coverage including, but not limited to, trip cancellation/interruption or delay, plus 24-hour assistance for all resident family members in the household.
- Equipment breakdown: administered by Hartford Steam Boiler, a company of Munich RE, this endorsement provides extensive coverage in the event of equipment or service line failure, such as central air conditioning unit suffering a crack that leaks refrigerant or a tree root puncturing the sewer line.
- Loss-free deductible reduction: for loyal policyholders, this new endorsement rewards them by reducing the deductible in the event of their first loss by 10% per year for each consecutive year they remain loss-free.
- Enhanced fraud protection: coverage if a policyholder loses money, securities or other property directly due to fraud, embezzlement or forgery (including counterfeit art).
- Green: up to $25,000 for loss of green tax incentives and up to the same to hire a LEED® accredited professional engineer for home design and construction after a loss.
New coverages include:
- Trusts and LLCs: to accommodate for the rise in use of these among the wealthiest Americans, Residence Trust or LLCs have been added to the definition of ‘insured.’ Should a policyholder forget to notify their agent of the trust/LLC that owns their premises they will now be covered to adhere to underwriting guidelines. This enhancement will quicken the claims process in the event a client forgot to notify their broker.
- Wildfire loss avoidance: up to $10,000 for incurred moving and storage expenses for personal property (such as collections and other valuables) in moving these items to higher ground in the event of an advancing wildfire.
- Mortgage expense reduction: in the event of a total loss where the home is re-built in the same location, up to $50,000 will be paid for the increased monthly payment of a new mortgage due to a higher interest rate.
- Loss prevention device: coverage increased to $5,000 to protect the policyholder’s residence against the same or similar future loss by installing a loss-prevention device. Eligible losses include water, fire, hail and theft.
- Domestic animal: damage to covered property caused by a domestic animal, including expenses incurred for pet care as a result of loss including kenneling and veterinarian services.
For more information on Prestige Home℠ Premier coverages and the anticipated roll out schedule in additional states, please contact Brett McKenzie Wood, Market Management, Fireman’s Fund: email@example.com.
Please note that the insurance policy, which may contain limits, exclusions and limitations not detailed in this article, forms the contract between the insured and the insurance company.
1 Travel coverage not yet available in Illinois.
About Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
As a premier property and casualty insurance company, Fireman’s Fund has protected the future for its customers for more than 150 years. With innovative products backed by superior claims and risk management solutions, Fireman’s Fund is a leader in high net worth, entertainment, and commercial insurance. Fireman’s Fund is a member of the Allianz Group — one of the world’s largest insurance providers — and has a strong financial foundation. For additional information, visit firemansfund.com.