DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/35jzkp/the) has announced the addition of the "The Opportunities, Challenges & Forecast of the Indian LED Lighting Market 2014 - 2020" report to their offering.
LEDs are now increasingly being used in all types of general lighting where the technology is proven in terms of energy saving. This trend is likely to continue as purchasers become aware of the substantial benefits LEDs have when compared to conventional lighting solutions.
Presently, general lighting is dominated by traditional incandescent filament bulbs or fluorescent tubes and these processes have barely changed in more than 100 years. These technology types are fully understood and most people are comfortable with the range of fittings and versions available along with the associated cost implications.
However, the cost and efficiency of conventional lighting is now being questioned more broadly as people become more aware of the alternative means of lighting that are available. This awareness is expanding rapidly as changes in education, environment and law mean that new alternatives in lighting technology are more necessary than ever.
Since the last few years, LED lighting has been developing as a more generally accepted form of lighting with a number of large, traditional lighting manufacturers opening separate divisions focused on this new technology.
Some of the major challenges faced by the Indian lighting industry are a lack of awareness, the presence of sub-standard Chinese products, lack of technical standardised norms, and the high cost of manufacturing due to low volumes. Hence, the price for the end consumer is still high.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Emergence of LED in Lighting
- Global LED Lighting Market
- European LED Lighting Market
- Asian LED Lighting Market
- LED Lighting Penetration in Asia
- Overview of Indian LED Lighting Market
- Elements of Lighting Markets
- Market Size of Lighting Industry in India
- Element wise Market Break Up
- Market Size of LED Lighting Industry in India
- Growth Rate
- Market Segmentation of LED Lighting in India
- Segment wise Market Size of LED Lighting in India
- Market size of General LED Lighting in India
- Forecast 2014 to 2020
- Comparison between Conventional Vs LED Lighting Market Shares
- Future of LED Lighting in India
- Key Hurdles for LED Lighting in India
- Segment wise Purchase Criteria with Relative Importance
- Value Chain Analysis
- End User Perceptions
- Indian Standards for LED Lighting
- Government Initiatives to Promote LED Lighting
- Comparison between LED, Incandescent Bulbs, CFLs
- Comparison between Professional Vs Retrofit
- Advantage Vs Disadvantage of LED Lighting
- Crompton Greaves
- GE Lighting
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/35jzkp/the
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.