DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6bdh9l/cellular_m2m) has announced the addition of the "Cellular M2M Services in Latin America - Redefining the Role of Mobile Operators" report to their offering.
'Cellular M2M Services in Latin America: Redefining the Role of Mobile Operators,' a new Telecom Insider Report looks at the cellular M2M opportunity in Latin America. It focuses on the role of mobile operators within the M2M value chain to help them identify effective M2M strategies. Our methodology consists of analyzing the M2M opportunity from both the demand and supply sides, through a full understanding of the characteristics, processes, pain points and behavioral drivers of customers as well as service providers. The first section of the Insider analyzes the major forces driving and inhibiting the adoption of M2M services in the region and studies the role mobile operators play within each industry value chain.
The report then examines and sizes the M2M market at a regional level and evaluates the potential for M2M within seven vertical application categories: telematics and fleet management, utilities and smart cities, security, industrial, financial and retail, health, and consumer electronics. The report also presents case studies that provide in-depth views of what specific players are doing in the telematics and fleet management market in Brazil as well as in the utility and smart city market in Chile. We conclude with a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations.
- The cellular M2M market in Latin America is booming: Pyramid Research expects the market to grow from US$ 4.6bn in 2014 to nearly US$ 8.2bn by the end of 2019, at a CAGR of 12%. Growth will be driven by the adoption of new regulations and policies, the migration of 2G networks and greater availability of M2M value-added-services (VAS) provided by mobile operators in partnership with technology vendors, local service integrators and vertical specialists. Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico will account for 81% of total M2M connections in Latin America in 2014.
- The expanded availability of vertical offerings is transforming the vertical ecosystems in all major Latin American countries. Among the seven M2M verticals, telematics and fleet management is the most important, and leading operators are looking to sign exclusive agreements with vehicle OEMs, service integrators and vertical specialist to introduce M2M VAS for the telematics and fleet management sector.
- To create customer value through innovation, Latin American mobile operators are shifting from a pure M2M connectivity services model to an M2M VAS model. Also, in order to accelerate time to market and compete more effectively in the M2M space, operators are partnering with M2M platform vendors.
- Movistar/Vivo and Claro/Telcel are the more mature M2M mobile operators. Both companies have expanded their activities in the M2M value chain beyond connectivity services, increasing the profitability of their cellular M2M businesses.
Key Topics Covered:
2. M2M service drivers and inhibitors in Latin America
3. Pyramid's M2M outlook: 2014 and beyond
4. Market detail: Case studies
1. Case study: Telematics and fleet management in Brazil
2. Case study: Utilities and smart city M2M in Chile
5. Conclusions: Key findings and recommendations
6. Appendix: Acronyms and definitions
- Movistar Argentina
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6bdh9l/cellular_m2m