DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rdkp4j/finland_growing) has announced the addition of the "Finland: Growing Demand for New and Innovative Data Services Drives Operator Transformation to All-IP" report to their offering.
Finland: Growing Demand for New and Innovative Data Services Drives Operator Transformation to All-IP,' offers a precise, incisive profile of Finland's mobile and fixed telecommunications based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Finnish market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- DSL and cable have historically been the most widely used broadband network technologies in Finland, but we expect strong uptake of FTTH/B through 2019, as the three major ISPs, TeliaSonera, Elisa and DNA, as well as the several regional incumbents and cooperatives embark on all-IP transformation projects deploying FTTH/B networks. For these rollouts, operators are using funds from the government's national broadband plan, which targets 100Mbps broadband for all Finns by the end of 2015.
- In the mature and competitive Finnish market, service providers focus on extracting more revenue from customers by encouraging migration to higher-value 4G/LTE, FTTH/B or DOCSIS 3.1 technologies. Finnish operators are also looking to compete on innovation by offering best-of-breed connectivity, by bundling established services with new multimedia and IT services, and by partnering with OTT providers.
- Owing to increasing demand for mobile services and declining demand for traditional fixed services, the fixed/mobile revenue split will trend toward mobile services over the 2014-2019 period. Finland was one of the first countries to launch commercial 4G/LTE services back in 2011. Today, Finnish operators are focused on providing 4G services to the entire population thanks to the recent award of 800MHz spectrum, which is suitable for covering remote and sparsely populated areas.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Canal Digital
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rdkp4j/finland_growing