DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m7hk5x/global_markets) has announced the addition of the "Global Markets for Surgical Video Recording Devices and Surgical Displays" report to their offering.
The Global Markets for Surgical Video Recording Devices and Surgical Displays report includes advanced systems that offer additional features such as: dual channel recording so two different imaging systems can be recorded at the same time, DICOM and PACS compatibility, and secure wireless system connectivity within hospitals. Many facilities have replaced their standard definition (SD) camera systems with HD capable camera systems.
The introduction of high definition (HD) technology has brought considerable change to the surgical camera system market. Many facilities have replaced their standard definition (SD) camera systems with HD capable camera systems. HD cameras are capable of capturing images and videos at a higher resolution than their SD predecessors, allowing for clearer and more accurate images and videos. This is very beneficial for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) in which the surgical camera system is the only medium between the surgeon and the area being operated on.
The main driver is the increased application of minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) which continues to create demand for surgical cameras; more than 2 million laparoscopic surgeries are performed each year in the United States. MIS surgeries are cost-effective as they can save a hospital between $2,000 and $15,000 per patient due to the reduced operating time, shorter hospital stays and, most importantly, lower infection and complication rates.
The entrance of new competitors in this market has also changed the dynamics. Arthrex was able to enter the market and gain market share quickly due to their three-in-one camera system concept. This system combines an HD camera, LED lighting and image management through a tablet controller. This bundling system ultimately reduces the overall price and provides a convenient system to facilities.
Reasons to Purchase:
- Addresses the decline of the SD market, including the expected discontinuation of SD systems
- Qualitative description of new technology, such as 2-chip HD cameras and discussion of future technologies, such as 3D, 2K and 4K technology.
- Detailed competitive analysis, mentioned new Image Capture and Recording Devices /competitors
Discusses the new trend towards larger wall mounted displays
Key Topics Covered:
- Research Methodology
- Video Recording And Display Device Overview
- U.S. Surgical Camera System Market
- European Surgical Camera System Market
- Japanese Hd Endoscopic Surgical Camera Market
- U.S. Digital Image Capture And Recording Device Market
- European Image Capture And Recording Device Market
- Japanese Digital Image Capture And Recording Device Market
- U.S. Surgical Display And Pacs Monitor Markets
- European Surgical Display Market
- Japanese Surgical Display Market
- Brandon Medical
- Fujinon Endoscopy
- Karl Storz
- Richard Wolf
- SONY Medical Electronics
- Smith and Nephew
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m7hk5x/global_markets