NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TECHEXPO today announced the final agenda for its New York City Cyber Security Summit set to take place on Thursday, September 18, at the Hilton Hotel located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with over 60 solutions providers, listen to thought leaders address today’s most pressing cyber security topics as well as participate in topic-specific roundtable discussions to learn from and collaborate with peers.
This Cyber Security Summit is part of a nation-wide C-Suite conference series that connects senior-level executives with access to renowned information security experts as well as innovative solution providers. It offers a uniquely intimate educational forum that ensures attendees walk away with valuable relationships and actionable information on how to best protect highly vulnerable business applications and critical infrastructure.
Keynotes and Special Presentation:
Morning Keynote Presentation: Jim
Penrose, EVP of Cyber Intelligence, Darktrace
“The Enterprise Immune System: Using Probability to Detect New Threats in Real Time”
- Afternoon Keynote Presentation: George Kurtz, President, CEO & Co-Founder, CrowdStrike
- FBI Cyber Operations Presentation: Leo Taddeo, Special Agent in Charge, Cyber/Special Operations, FBI – New York
- New York State Office of Information Technology Services (ITS), Deborah A. Snyder, Acting Chief Information Security Officer
This year, event attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of in-depth and intimate discussions with presenters and executives sharing similar interests. Topics will cover:
- “Operationalizing Threat Intelligence-Custom Defense Strategies Unique to Your Business”
- “The Security Risks of Moving Healthcare to the Cloud”
- “Changing your Cyber Perspective – Proactive versus Reactive”
- “Cyber Attacks: Finding the Signals in the Noise”
- “Cyber Threats and the Role of Law Enforcement in Incident Response”
- “The Age of Context-Aware Security”
The Weakest Link: Securing The Human
This panel will explore the human element, insider threats, social networking, behavioral aspects and how to implement security awareness programs to secure the weak link in the chain.
- Lance Spitzner, Training Director, SANS Securing The Human, SANS Institute (Moderator)
- Amy Baker, Vice President of Marketing, Wombat Security Technologies
- Dwayne Melancon, CTO, Tripwire
- Michael Crouse, Director of Insider Threat Strategies, Raytheon Cyber Products
- Myles Trachtenberg, SVP of Product Commercialization, Pythian
- Naheed Bleecker, Senior Manager IT Security, CUNA Mutual Group
Mobile Security and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
This panel will explore the importance of protecting local and remote devices, and why mobile security plays a large role in securing critical enterprise infrastructure.
- Brian White, Principal, The Chertoff Group (Moderator)
- Chris Gaebler, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Kaspersky Lab North America
- Dr. Joanne Martin, Chief Information Security Officer & VP of IT Risk, IBM
- Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President, SOA Software
- Scott Montgomery, VP Public Sector Solutions, McAfee
- Stuart McClure, CEO, President & Founder, Cylance
Social Computing: Enterprise Initiatives and Security Challenges
This panel will discuss social media and the cyber landscape. What are the threats? How can organizations manage security, policies, practices, training and employee use of social media for business and personal use?
Cyber Supply Chain Security
This panel will examine the reliance on the global supply chain and critical security challenges and emerging threats to protect the international marketplace. What are the effective supply chain defenses and the protective measures to mitigate the risk of compromised cyber products and to increase cyber resilience?
Threats Facing Financial Institutions and Global Markets
This panel will discuss strident measures on how to secure, prevent and recover from the constant threat to our global financial infrastructure. Topics will include: preventing and recovering from serious attacks, protecting private and confidential data, and the emerging dangers that organizations face from the ‘unknown’ hacker.
- Rob Sloan, Cyber Thought Leadership, Dow Jones (Moderator)
- Dave Larson, Chief Technology Officer & Vice President, Product, Corero
- JD Sherry, Vice President, Technology and Solutions, Trend Micro
- John Prisco, President & CEO, Triumfant
- Jon Ramsey, Chief Technology Officer & Executive Director, Dell SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit
- J.Paul Haynes, CEO, eSentire
For the Full Agenda:
About the Cyber Security Summit:
The 2014 Cyber Security Summit is produced by TechExpoUSA.com, the nation’s leader in professional hiring events for the defense & intelligence industry. The company was founded 20 years ago and has produced over 1,000 events globally. For more information visit: www.CyberSummitUSA.com / www.TechExpoUSA.com.