BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2014 (2Q14) Enterprise Routers report, which tracks high-end, mid-range, branch office, and low-end/SOHO router revenue and ports.
“For the second quarter in a row, enterprise router sales disappointed, and revenue is now trending downward. Demand for routers is still strong, as indicated by rising unit shipments, but discount pressure, preferences for local and lower-cost vendors in China, and lower public sector sales drove down revenue,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
ENTERPRISE ROUTER MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide enterprise router revenue totaled $867 million in 2Q14, just a 1% sequential gain in a quarter that typically sees a strong seasonal pickup; Unit shipments are still growing, up 6% year-over-year
- Meanwhile, enterprise router sales dipped 9% in 2Q14 from the year-ago quarter (2Q13)
- The good news in 2Q14: demand for higher-performance routers was strong; High-end and mid-range router unit shipments were up by double digits year-over-year, while branch office and low-end routers posted more muted growth
- Asia Pacific is once again the top-performing region for enterprise routers in 2Q14; North American sales tumbled 19% year-over-year, and EMEA sales fell 11%
- U.S. vendor performance for enterprise routers was mostly down on a year-over-year basis in 2Q14, while Chinese vendors gained as preferences in China shift to local vendors Huawei and ZTE as well as the H3C division of HP
ROUTER REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise router report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for high-end, mid-range, branch office, and low-end/SOHO router revenue and ports. Vendors tracked: Adtran, Alcatel-Lucent, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Huawei, Juniper, NEC, OneAccess, Yamaha, ZTE, others. To buy report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Cloud is our number-one networking initiative, say enterprises in Infonetics survey
- Tight battle for 2nd after Cisco in Infonetics' enterprise networking infrastructure scorecard
- $1 trillion to be spent on telecom and datacom equipment and software over next 5 years
- Enterprise router market off to a rough start, plunges 14% sequentially
RECENT AND UPCOMING ENTERPRISE RESEARCH
- WLAN Infrastructure Vendor Scorecard
- Wireless LAN Equipment & WiFi Phones Forecast
- Ethernet Switches Forecast
- Enterprise Telepresence & Video Conferencing Equipment Forecast
- 1G/10G/40G/100G Networking Ports Forecast
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Infonetics at +1 408-583-0011 or http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides here.