DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/29lvjc/reinsurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Reinsurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
During the review period (2009-2013), the Russian reinsurance segment underwent significant changes in terms of its regulatory structure. Paid-up capital increased from RUB120.0 million (US$3.96 million) to RUB480.0 million (US$15.8 million) in January 2012. The Russian reinsurance segment accounted for 0.7% of the global reinsurance written premium in 2013. The reinsurance segment's gross written premium rose at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of just 1.0%. The main reasons for the slow growth were the low operating efficiency of reinsurers in Russia, a lack of understanding of the benefits of reinsurance by Russian insurers, and an increase in reinsurance ceded to foreign rather than domestic reinsurers.
- Russian reinsurance accounted for 0.7% of the global reinsurance segment in 2013.
- During the review period, the Russian reinsurance segment grew at a slow CAGR of 1.0%, due to the low operating efficiency of reinsurers, a lack of understanding of the benefits of reinsurance by Russian insurers, and an increase in reinsurance ceded to foreign rather than domestic reinsurers.
- Leading reinsurers include Ingosstrakh, Sogaz Insurance Group, Unity Reinsurance, AlfaStrakhovanie and Transsib Re.
- Foreign companies dominate the reinsurance segment. Although Russian reinsurers' tariffs are often lower than those of their main foreign competitors, most of Russia's outward reinsurance business goes to foreign companies.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Russian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
4 Reinsurance Segment Outlook
5 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
6 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
7 Business Environment and Country Risk
- Sogaz Insurance Group
- Ingosstrakh Insurance Company OJSC
- Unity Reinsurance Company, Ltd
- Open Insurance Joint-stock Company Reso-Garantia
- Moscow Re OJSIRC
- Oranta Insurance Company
- OJSC Transsiberian Reinsurance Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/29lvjc/reinsurance_in