SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that it has been named a “Strong Performer” among Wireless Local Area Network vendors in the August 2014 Forrester Research, Inc. report: “The Forrester Wave™ Wireless Local Area Network Solutions, Q3 2014.”
- Aerohive is one of five vendors to be classified as a Strong Performer in the Forrester Wave report for Q3 2014. According to Forrester Research, “All of the vendors in the Strong Performers category offer a solid wireless platform that can be successfully deployed and managed in any regular office environment. However, each builds upon that base and delivers something more for complex or underserved business environments.”
- The Forrester Wave report evaluated vendors based on 58 criteria grouped into three high-level buckets assessing Current Offering, Vendor Strategy and Market Presence. The criteria were grouped into three high-level buckets current offering, strategy and market presence – which, determined the Forrester Wave rankings of 10 significant solution providers invited to participate in the assessment.
- Aerohive received the highest score in the Current Offering category, which evaluated offerings based on scalability, shareability, standardization, simplicity and security.
- According to Forrester, Aerohive is “a relative newcomer in the wireless industry, the company has quickly grown by introducing simplicity in wireless. The company is also instrumental in shifting wireless from a centralized architecture to a distributed cooperative control one, which is effective in distributed industries like insurance. Historically, Aerohive’s focus has been solely on Wireless LAN, but its acquisition of Pareto gave it a unique set of branch office capabilities, while its customer demands pushed it into offering switches. Aerohive’s HiveManager®, appliance or cloud based, sets the standard on simplifying network operations.”
- According to Forrester, “For example, Aerohive’s wireless solution drives wireless configuration and operational complexity out in highly distributed environments—such as franchises—that require not just wireless and wired connections but integrated Layer 4 through 7 services.”
- The report is available to Forrester subscribers or for purchase here: http://www.forrester.com/The+Forrester+Wave+Wireless+Local+Area+Network+Solutions+Q3+2014/fulltext/-/E-RES115916
- To find out more about how Aerohive’s solutions support today’s mobile-first enterprises, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/solutions/technology
“From the get-go, we’ve architected our solutions to meet the IT needs of the modern workforce, which is increasingly globally distributed,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “To have our unique set of branch office capabilities be recognized in a report as prestigious as the Forrester Wave is incredibly satisfying and we believe it serves as a great validation of our technology.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.