LISLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Molex Incorporated will bring its wide range of industrial products and expertise to the 2014 Industrial Automation North America (IANA) Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit, September 8 – 13, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL. Recent acquisitions, including Italian companies Flamar Cavi Elettrici s.r.l. and Westec s.r.l. and German-based FCT Electronics Group, have helped Molex expand its product offerings. Additionally, the company has developed several innovative new solutions that raise the bar on seamless performance in harsh industrial environments. Conference attendees can expect to learn more about the company’s strong industrial portfolio through the following activities:
Presentation: Wednesday, September 10, 10:30 a.m. McCormick Place, West Building, W190
Eric Scott, Advanced Technology Specialist, will present “The Role of the Industrial Network in Energy Usage.” During the discussion he will review the impact of excessive energy costs on manufacturers and look at how industrial network communities are providing common interfaces to gather and control energy.
Demonstrations: Ongoing in Molex Booth E-4915
- Live-Demo-Machine: The demonstration will present the entire range of Molex industrial products developed for a variety of today’s manufacturing environments including automotive, food and beverage, material handling and commercial vehicles.
- Robot: Visitors to the booth will see how Molex products enable a robot to move an item, demonstrating Molex Industrial Ethernet Solutions including: Brad® Harsh I/O in conjunction with Brad Industrial Ethernet cordsets with using the Brad Ultra-Lock® connection system.
Product Showcases: Ongoing in Molex Booth E-4915
- Brad Micro-Change® M12 X-Coded Cat 6A Connector System: Delivers faster Ethernet speeds, up to 10 Gbps, in a rugged M12 format ideal for data transfer in harsh industrial applications.
- Brad SST Communication Modules for Rockwell ControlLogix*: Provide network throughput for slave connection of Rockwell ControlLogix systems to PROFIBUS networks.
- Direct-Link® Harsh-Duty Ethernet Unmanaged Switches: Offer customers fast, simple and secure on-machine Ethernet switches with an IP67 rating for rugged applications.
- Brad HarshIO IP67 Compact Ethernet Modules: Deliver on-machine I/O connectivity over PROFINET industrial fieldbus offering machine builders a compact and cost-effective solution.
- Brad PC Network Interface Cards: Allows users with limited knowledge of fieldbus technology to transition to PC-based platforms for control and visualization of high-speed systems.
To learn more about Industrial Automation solutions from Molex, please visit www.molex.com/ind/iana.html. To receive information about other products and industry solutions, please sign up for the Molex e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including: data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle, aerospace and defense, medical, and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 45 manufacturing locations in 17 countries. The Molex website is www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated.
* ControlLogix is a registered trademark of Rockwell Automation