DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rpp5qs/gis_market_in) has announced the addition of the "GIS Market in North America 2014-2018" report to their offering.
The GIS market in North America to grow at a CAGR of 10.91% over the period 2013-2018.
GIS is used across various sectors, such as Natural Resources, Utilities, Federal Government, Communication and Telecom, Military/Law Enforcement, and Others, for various purposes such as disaster management, finding location details, viewing maps, marketing, designing facilities, and others.
One of the major trends in the market is the growth in geo-design. It provides an active and engaged approach to designing with geography integrating all the segments that are required in building a product, which include design creation and specification, simulation, developing, programming, analysis, evaluation, and others.
According to the report, an increased demand for open platform and interoperable software is one of the major factors driving the market. End-users are demanding open-source software that can be customized according to their needs.
Further, the report states that one of the major challenges is the complex technology involved in the GIS and its limitations. End-users blindly accept all the information provided by the system. Checking the authenticity of the information provided by the GIS is difficult owing to its complex technology.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the Key Market Trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors
Key Market Drivers/Challenges/Trends
- Increased Demand for Open Platform and Interoperable Software
- Complex Technology and Limitation of GIS
Growth in Geodesign
The GIS market in North America can be divided into three product segments:
- The US Geological Survey
Other Prominent Vendors
- AvisMap GIS Technologies
- Bentley Systems
- Hitachi Zosen
- MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates
- Pitney Bowes
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rpp5qs/gis_market_in