DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3j23hk/samsung_galaxy_s5) has announced the addition of the "Samsung Galaxy S5 - Home Button Synaptics Fingerprint Sensor Reverse Costing Analysis" report to their offering.
Based on a totally different sensing technology than the iPhone 5S, Samsung introduces for the first time a fingerprint sensor in its product.
The Galaxy S5 home button presents an innovative fingerprint sensor developed by Synaptics, a world leader in capacitive sensing human interface solutions for consumer electronics companies.
Samsung's fingerprint sensor is using an innovative PCB technology for capacitive sensing of ridge peaks and ridge valleys of a fingerprint on a swiped finger. The sensor senses the speed of the finger as it is swiped across the image sensor and recognize the fingerprint image.
Located above the home button, the 17.5×5.5 mm sensor is incorporated within a rectangular shaped housing composed of an aluminum ring and a stainless steel base. The sensor is protected by a white plastic cover.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Reverse Costing Methodology
- Synthesis of the Physical Analysis
- Galaxy S5 Fingerprint button disassembly
- Fingerprint Button Assembly
- Fingerprint Sensor Packaging
- Sensing PCB
- Sensor Die
- Flex PCB
Sensor Manufacturing Process
- Sensor Front-End Process
- Sensor Front-End Wafer Fabrication Unit
- Sensor PCB Fabrication Unit
- Synthesis of the main parts
- Synthesis of the assembling
Cost Analysis IC-PCB
- Synthesis of the cost analysis
- Main steps of economic analysis
- Yields Explanation
- Yields Hypotheses
- IC Sensor
- Sensor rigid PCB Cost
Home Button Assembly Cost
- Components Cost
- Home Button Assembly Cost
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3j23hk/samsung_galaxy_s5