DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2hzx29/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Mexico, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
Life insurance was the largest segment in the Mexican insurance industry in 2013, accounting for 46.2% of the industry's gross written premiums. Led by sustained economic growth and favorable demographics, the segment expanded at a review-period CAGR of 11.2%. Growth in the segment is primarily led by strong demand for products with protection and savings components such as pension and endowment. From the diverse range of life insurance products, pension and term-life categories registered the highest CAGRs of 24.9% and 12.4% respectively during the review period.
- After Brazil, Mexico has the second-largest economy in Latin America, and the fourth-highest GDP per capita after Chile, Brazil and Argentina.
- The growth in the insurance industry during the review period was partly due to the robust regulatory environment, rising middle-class population and favorable demographic dividend.
- Agencies were the most popular channel for distributing life insurance products in 2013, accounting for 33.7% of the new business written premium.
- As of 2013, there were 48 life insurance companies operating in the life segment. Foreign companies dominated the segment, accounting for 60% of life insurance premiums in 2013.
- The pension category registered the highest CAGR of 23.1% during the review period, supported by the growing demand for saving and protection insurance products.
- A lack of proper insurance knowledge is acting as a hindrance for the growth of the Mexican life insurance industry.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
5 Mexican Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Life Insurance Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Mexican Life Insurance
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
- MetLife Mexico, SA
- Seguros Banamex, SA de CV
- Grupo Nacional Provincial, SAB
- Seguros Monterrey New York Life, SA de CV
- Seguros BBVA Bancomer SA de CV, Grupo Financiero BBVA Bancomer
- Zurich Santander Seguros Mexico, SA
- AXA Seguros SA de CV
- Seguros Banorte Generali SA de CV
- Seguros Inbursa SA, Grupo Financiero Inbursa
- Allianz Mexico, SA, Compania de Seguros
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2hzx29/life_insurance_in