MELVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced the availability of Therefore™ Online, a cloud-based version of its established information management solution, which helps organizations by improving the storage, management and processing of scanned and electronic documents.
Therefore™ Online provides customers with all of the same benefits and functionality as the Therefore™ Enterprise on-premise edition, without the need to invest and maintain additional IT infrastructure and personnel to support that investment. Offered on an annual subscription basis, there is no limit to the number of users that can be added to Therefore™ Online. Therefore™ Online also provides powerful workflow capabilities that help improve a customer’s business processes, is scalable to meet the growing needs of any size business and adds the convenience of having the client’s data stored, backed up and available through the ease of an internet connection.
“Canon’s delivery of a cloud based version of its’ information management software, Therefore Online, is very much in sync with how businesses want to automate and optimize business process workflows. Our research shows equally strong interest in cloud and on-premise content management for business process automation,” according to Angèle Boyd, IDC GVP/GM, Document Solutions.
“Therefore™ Online allows customers to implement a robust information management solution without large upfront costs or ongoing IT overhead, which can help reduce capital expenses and provide a clear total cost of ownership,” said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “Therefore™ Online is also ideal for small and medium sized businesses who are now able to access technologies commonly used by larger corporations.”
Key benefits and features of Therefore™ Online include:
- Information Capture: Users can place information into the Therefore™ Online system using a document scanner such as Canon’s DR-Scanner models or an MFP such as a Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP, or by directly uploading existing, electronic content. Documents and other content can then be classified, indexed and archived, to ensure optimal workflows.
- Find & Edit: The Therefore™ Navigator enables users to easily find information, either by performing a full text search similar to popular search engines, or by using specific index data associated with the content that is being sought. The Therefore™ Viewer is used to view, edit, and check in/out documents. Documents can be opened and edited in their familiar, native applications, making it easy for users to make revisions.
- Security: Therefore™ Online stores documents in a highly protected environment and offers comprehensive controls over document access. Permission settings are easily configurable and highly customizable, so that only authorized persons are granted access to view and/or modify specific documents or content. Additional security features include audit trails, version control, digital signatures, and retention policy compliance.
- Workflows: Therefore™ Workflow enables the design and optimization of document or information business processes – automating information routing and flow throughout an organization. Each employee knows the task they need to complete, the date it’s due, and who’s next in the process. Managers can monitor the progression of the workflow process and administrators can view the entire system to identify potential bottlenecks.
- Mobility: Therefore™ Web Access enables remote access of the Therefore™ Online system via the most popular web browsers. The Therefore™ Mobile App (for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices) enables users to search and view documents, and participate in workflows, all from their mobile device. Therefore™ Anywhere allows users to take documents offline, and edit them when away from their network. Once reconnected, all changes are automatically synchronized to the system.
- Integration: Therefore™ Online integrates with numerous applications, programs, and solutions, including Windows® Explorer, Microsoft® Office, and third-party scanning solutions, such as eCopy™ PDF Pro Office™, and uniFLOW. It also integrates with Windows desktop through Therefore™ Gadget, which can be used to monitor activity within the system, such as updates, workflows, and tasks.
As a part of the Canon Managed Document Services (MDS) tool set, Therefore™ and Therefore™ Online provide organizations with the powerful elements of information management and business process optimization. Not only can businesses reduce costs and increase efficiency through the use of Canon MDS output management solutions like uniFLOW, they can now gain effective control over their business critical information and optimize their workflows through the use of Therefore™ and now Therefore™ Online. By taking advantage of professional services offered by Canon and its authorized dealers, customers can be supported in discovering, analyzing, designing, deploying and managing the best implementation of these tools to help improve and optimize their critical business processes.
Purchased on a subscription basis, Therefore™ Online is now available in the United States through Canon and Canon authorized dealers. Pricing will vary depending on number of licensed users, and implementation services provided. For more information, please visit www.usa.canon.com/software.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
About Therefore Corporation
Based in Austria, the Therefore Corporation creates technology that works for people by providing innovative information management software. Therefore was founded in 2003 as ADOS and was renamed Therefore in 2009. Helping make companies more successful across a range of key sectors and industries, Therefore offers solutions that unite printing and scanning devices, existing IT systems and process strategies to improve control, efficiency, and boost productivity. For more information, please visit www.therefore.net.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.