STEVENSON, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The securities litigation law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. (“Skilled Healthcare” or the “Company”) (NYSE: SKH).
On August 18, 2014, Skilled Healthcare announced that it had signed a definitive agreement to combine with Genesis HealthCare. Under the terms of the proposed transaction, Skilled Healthcare shareholders will own 25.75 percent of the equity in the combined company and Genesis HealthCare shareholders will own the remaining 74.25 percent. The combined company will operate under the Genesis HealthCare name and trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the proposal is fair to Skilled Healthcare shareholders and whether the Company’s Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties in connection with the proposed transaction.
If you currently own common stock of Skilled Healthcare and would like to learn more about the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, without cost or obligation to you, please visit our website at http://www.browerpiven.com/currentinvestigations.html. You may also request more information by contacting Brower Piven either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (410) 415-6616.
Attorneys at Brower Piven have extensive experience in litigating securities and other class action cases and have been advocating for the rights of shareholders since the 1980s.