LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
MARK KANTROWITZ AND OTHER INDUSTRY EXPERTS FROM EDVISORS ARE AVAILABLE TO PROVIDE INSIGHTS ON PAYING FOR COLLEGE
Student loans are soaring as the second largest source of consumer debt in this country, making paying for college top of mind for many families. Mark Kantrowitz, Senior VP and Publisher of Edvisors and author of Filing the FAFSA (see bio, below) is available to discuss issues and strategies to help students and their families pay for college and manage student loan debt. Edvisors publishes free sites of continually updated information as well as tools to help students and families plan for and pay for college.
Following are some of the topics the Edvisors team can discuss:
- The Roadmap for Saving for College – Top Tips at All Stages
- Key Topics Every Family Should Discuss when it Comes to Saving for College
- Pitfalls to Avoid in Paying for College
- Questions You Should Ask College Financial Aid Administrators
- Surprising Facts About Paying for College – What You Don’t Know Could Hurt You
- Making Your College List and Checking it Twice – Where Paying for College Fits in
- Tips for Cutting College Costs
FAFSA and Other Financial Aid Forms
- Strategies for Increasing Eligibility for Student Financial Aid
- Determining Eligibility Requirements for FAFSA
- Estimating Potential Financial Aid
- Evaluating and Interpreting Financial Aid Award Letters
- How to Find and Apply for the Right Scholarships
- How to Increase Your Chances of Winning a Scholarship
- What Everyone Should Know about Fellowships and Grants
- How to Compare and Choose the Best Loans
- Understanding Loan Terms
- Insight into The Different Types of Loans
- Top Money-Saving Strategies for Managing Student and Family Educational Debt
- What the PAYER (Pay-as-You-Earn) Program Means for You
Mark Kantrowitz – Senior Vice President and Publisher, Edvisors
As Senior Vice President and Publisher of Edvisors, whose flagship sites include Edvisors.com, ScholarshipPoints.com, StudentScholarshipSearch.com and PrivateStudentLoans.com, Mark Kantrowitz’s mission is to deliver practical information, advice and tools to students and their families so they can make informed decisions about planning and paying for college. Mark is a nationally-recognized expert on financial aid, scholarships and student loans and author of the best-selling book, Filing the FAFSA.
Mark has testified before Congress about student aid policy on several occasions and is frequently interviewed by news outlets. He has been quoted in more than 5,000 newspaper and magazine articles in the last five years. He has written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Washington Post, Reuters, Huffington Post, US News & World Report, Newsweek, and Time Magazine. Mark is the author of two bestselling books about scholarships and financial aid and holds seven patents.
Mark is a member of the board of directors of the National Scholarship Providers Association and the board of trustees of the Center for Excellence in Education. Mark serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Student Financial Aid and the editorial advisory board of Bottom Line/Personal.
David Levy – Associate Editor
David is Associate Editor of the Edvisors.com and works alongside Mark Kantrowitz on updating and expanding the site’s resources for students and families. David brings 30 years of experience as Director of Financial Aid at some of the nation’s leading colleges, including Scripps College, California Institute of Technology and Occidental College. He is respected by students, parents and financial aid professionals nationwide because of his extensive outreach and volunteer activities, his extensive knowledge of financial aid and his leadership in helping to simplify the aid application process. David has served in numerous financial aid leadership and volunteer positions on the national, regional and state levels and has received more than 35 awards for his service.
Edvisors publishes free sites of continually updated information and tools to help students and families plan for and pay for college. Every year, millions of students and their families turn to the company’s flagship site Edvisors.com for timely, accurate information and tools that help them confidently make the best decisions about paying for college.
At the Edvisors ScholarshipPoints.com site, students earn points and enter scholarship drawings, and the site has awarded more than $650,000 to date, while StudentScholarshipSearch.com is the largest free online database of scholarships with an easy-to-use scholarship matching tool. Founded in 1998, Edvisors is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. More information can be found at www.edvisors.com.