DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9354jp/global_mobile) has announced the addition of the "Global Mobile Industry: The New Driver of Economy" report to their offering.
The evolution of mobile phones has enabled people to connect, interact and consume information from the remotest corners of the world. It has had a positive impact on communication, social inclusion, economic development and productivity through the use of the latest technologies such as 3G, 4G, LTE and VoIP.
While the developed world is experiencing subscribers and connections growth stagnation, there is huge growth potential in the developing countries, especially in the Asia-Pacific and African regions. As fixed lines often remain underdeveloped and inaccessible to the majority of the population, there is a paradigm shift towards mobile phones.
With global mobile penetration reaching an all time high at 96 percent, almost half of the world's population is using mobile communication. Globally, there were 3.4 billion unique mobile subscribers and 6.9 billion SIM connections in 2013, with an average of 1.8 active SIM cards per unique subscriber.
The number of mobile broadband connections has also grown astoundingly to well over two billion in 2013 from 364 million in 2009. This growth is expected to continue and India is predicted to be the second largest mobile broadband market by 2016, with 367 million connections, following China with 639 million connections.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Global Mobile Data and Services Industry
3. Global Mobile Broadband Proliferation
4. Mobile Applications: Carving a Niche
5. Global Trends in Mobile Industry
6. Growth Regions
7. Major Players
- AT&T Inc.
- BT Group plc.
- Bharti Airtel Limited
- Cable & Wireless Communications Plc
- China Mobile Limited
- China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (Etisalat)
- Frontier Communications Corporation
- Idea Cellular Limited
- KDDI Corporation
- Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- MTN Group Limited
- Mobile TeleSystems OJSC
- Mobistar S.A.
- NTT DOCOMO, Inc.
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT)
- Reliance Communications Limited
- SoftBank Corp.
- Swisscom AG
- Tata Communications Limited
- Telecom Italia S.p.A
- Telefónica, S.A.
- Telenor ASA
- Telkom SA SOC Limited
- Telstra Corporation Limited
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Vodafone Group Plc.
- Windstream Holdings, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9354jp/global_mobile