DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7f394r/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Horticulture (2014 -2018) - Pink and Healthy" report to their offering.
Global fruit production in 2013 was estimated at 676.9 million tonnes as against an estimated 656.9 million tonnes in 2012. The global fruit industry consists of the production and trade of bananas, semi-tropical fruits, citrus fruit, soft fruit, pommes and stone fruits.
Global vegetable production, including the production of melons, was estimated at 879.2 million tonnes in 2013. China and India were amongst the highest producing countries for the year. Among all vegetables, potato was the most popular; other widespread vegetables were sweet potato, tomato, onions and cabbage.
The leading fruit producing countries in the world in 2013 were China, India, Brazil, the United States of America (USA) and Indonesia. China and India also made it to the top-10 vegetable producing countries of the world in the same year.
The global export of fruits which stood at USD 68.17 billion in 2009, increased to USD 97.02 billion in 2013. Globally, the fruit imports also registered an increase to USD 105.26 billion in 2013, from USD 76.49 billion in 2009. India was placed 10th in the import of vegetables, valued at USD 2,305.34 million, and secured the 14th position in the import of fruits which was valued at USD 2,162.31 million in 2013.
Scope Of The Report
- Global Overview of the Horticulture Industry
- Country-Specific Status of the Industry
- Country-Wise Opportunities in the Sector
- Issues and Challenges
- Outlook of the Industry
Key Features Discussed
- Current Global Horticulture Status and Outlook
- Thorough Analysis of Various Horticulture Markets
- Comprehensive Analysis of Each Segment of Horticulture i.e. Fruits, Vegetables, Flowers, Spices,
- Export Import Details of Each Segment
- Country-wise Analysis of The Industry
- SWOT Analysis
- Profiles of Major Players
Beneficiaries Of The Report
- Companies in Horticulture and Agriculture Sectors
- Educational Institutes and Research Centers
- Business Research, KPOs & Consulting Companies
- Horticulture Products, Transportation, Distribution, and Machinery Manufacturers/Suppliers
- Government and Policy Makers
- Commercial and Investment Banks
- ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
- Advance Agro Ripe Pvt. Ltd.
- Agriculture Solutions LLC
- Ammerlaan Construction B.V.
- Ball Horticultural Company
- DLV Plant B.V.
- Danziger - "Dan" Flower Farm
- E.L.O Ngodo Enterprises Limited
- Elegant Floriculture & Agrotech (India) Limited
- Fresh Dynamics Asia
- Green Goods Co
- Greenlands Agro Producers Ltd
- HRB Floriculture Ltd.
- Horticoop international
- J K Agri Genetics Limited
- Jade Fresh Limited
- James Finlay Limited
- Kenya Fresh produce Exporters Limited
- Khamar Agro Tech
- Neha International Ltd
- Sandha & Company
- Sapec SA
- Sun Gro Horticulture, Inc
- Sunshine Horticulture Company Limited
- Titan Biotech Limited
- VB Greenhouses BV
- Vegetexco Hochiminh City
- Viet Star Import Export Co. Ltd
- Woni Veg-Fru Exporters & Importers Ltd
- Zhangzhou Xiangcheng Greenhome Horticulture Co. Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7f394r/global