DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/29x3tb/prepaid_card) has announced the addition of Javelin Strategy & Research's new report "Prepaid Card Regulation for College Students: Addressing the Needs of Future Banking Customers" to their offering.
The CARD Act of 2009 severely limited the once-pervasive trend of issuing credit cards to college students, and some issuers turned to prepaid cards to continue providing cards to college campuses. Fast forward to 2014, regulators are once again proposing regulations for college cards that could dramatically alter payments for students.
Card issuers are particularly focused on students because they soon will become financially independent and evolve into important banking customers. Today, 23% of students own a general-purpose reloadable (GPR) prepaid card and approximately 107 colleges offer a campus-specific prepaid card to students. This report examines the controversial regulatory environment for campus prepaid cards and recommends how issuers and universities can best manage potential regulation. This report also analyzes the unique financial needs of today's college students and offers insight into how providers can best help young customers and build long-term financial relationships.
This report will answer:
- How have recent regulations fueled the growth of prepaid cards on and off college campuses?
- What is the current regulatory environment for campus prepaid cards?
- What are the financial needs of today's college students?
- How can card issuers best serve college students while remaining profitable?
- How can campus prepaid issuers improve their college card programs?
- Who are the winners and losers of campus prepaid cards?
Key Topics Covered:
- Primary Questions
- Executive Summary
- The CARD Act Opened the Door for Campus Prepaid Cards
- The Varying Functions of College Cards Today
- The Risks and Rewards of Campus Prepaid Cards
- The Financial Habits of Today's College Students
- The Winners and Losers of Campus Prepaid Cards
- Not Always Reloadable: Campus Prepaid Cards for Disbursement
- Creating a Transparent Prepaid Card for Students
- Getting Prepaid Cards into the Hands of Students
- Mobile Features Can Drive Prepaid Adoption
- American Express
- Barnes & Noble
- Blackboard Pay
- Fifth Third Bank
- Higher One
- PNC Bank
- U.S. Bank
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/29x3tb/prepaid_card
Source: Javelin Strategy & Research