GRAPEVINE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GameStop, a family of specialty retail brands that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple, is offering the public and PowerUp Rewards™ members the opportunity to experience more than 300,000 square feet of the latest in video gaming and mobile electronics from dozens of exhibitors at GameStop EXPO 2014 in September. Leading companies in the video gaming and mobile electronics industries will have a major presence at the show including:
- 2K Games and 2K Sports
- Activision | Blizzard
- Disney Infinity
- BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc.
- Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Skull Candy
- Square Enix
- Turtle Beach
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Attendees will also get the chance to play the hottest games and try out new products from the biggest brands in gaming months before release as well as meet with top game developers, publishers and special guests. Attendees will:
- Be among the first to play the next generation games created for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Be the first to play Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in North America
- Play for the first time in the next generation of the first-person action genre in Destiny
- Check out the next-generation RPG from BioWare, set in an epic, dark fantasy world in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Stop by the EA SPORTS lounge where you can charge your phone all while playing upcoming and new releases from EA SPORTS! Get your hands on FIFA 15 and NBA LIVE 15 prior to launch and the newly released titles such as NHL 15, Madden NFL 15 and UFC 15
- Become an EA SPORTS cover athlete and get in the game! Have your photo put on the cover of FIFA 15, Madden NFL 15, NHL 15 or UFC in the EA booth. You will be able to take the photo print out with you and post it instantly to your favorite social network.
- Take your photo in the Skyhold Thorne from Dragon Age: Inquisition in the EA booth. Take the photo print out with you and post it instantly to your favorite social network.
- See the newest title of the Alien™ franchise, Alien: Isolation, come to life and showcase once again the true meaning of fear with an immersive gaming experience. A replica version of the iconic egg from the Alien series, first featured in July at San Diego’s Comic-Con International, will be onsite immersing gamers into a solitary gaming pod for a unique, chilling, fear-inducing event. Enter if you dare!
- Tag-team in a super-heated battle in Atlus’ upcoming fighting game Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Spend hours at the Microsoft booth with over 15 Xbox One holiday titles, including the new action-packed Sunset Overdrive and the stunningly beautiful Ori and the Blind Forest. Leave your limits behind playing Forza Horizon 2 then relive the Master Chief’s epic journey hands-on in Halo 2: Anniversary, available as part of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Get up close to PlayStation games like the charming LittleBigPlanet 3, the gorgeously dark role-playing game Bloodborne and the history bending The Order: 1886
- Test your ninja fighting skills as one of the 100 ninja available in Naruto Shippudden: Ultimate Ninja® Storm Revolution
- Take the Lords of the Fallen™ Catacombs Challenge to win an exclusive T-shirt
- Have the opportunity to meet and take a picture with the Power Rangers Super Megaforce and then try out the new game!
- Check out NVIDIA’s new gaming-oriented Shield Tablet and Wi-Fi Direct Controller
- Learn more about ASUS’ new Android tablet: the MeMO Pad 7 and their Windows 8 Transformer Book T100
- Meet the newest gaming console, especially designed for the littlest gamers, ages 3-8: LeapTV from Leap Frog
- Visit our GameStop EXPO Store on the Floor to purchase some fun shirts, hats, collectibles and gaming gear
- Be admitted early with your VIP pass on Tuesday, September 9, hang out in the VIP lounge, attend panels featuring industry insiders, and go to battle in the tournaments on the Battle Stage. The finals from each tournament will take place the next day.
Also, stay tuned to find out which NBA player and WWE Superstar will be signing autographs in the 2K booth! GameStop will be announcing more special guests and celebrities later this month.
The GameStop EXPO 2014 will take place September 9-10 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. For more information about GameStop EXPO 2014 and to register for the show, visit www.gamestop.com/expo.
Ticket purchases are payable with PowerUp Rewards™ points or credit card, online at www.gamestop.com/expo or at your local GameStop store. For more information on becoming a GameStop PowerUp Rewards member, visit www.PowerUpRewards.com.
Attendees must be 17 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult. Some activities or games may feature mature content.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 6,600 stores across 15 countries. The company’s consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world’s leading print and digital video game publication; and www.buymytronics.com, an online consumer electronics trade-in platform. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes our Simply Mac, Spring Mobile and Cricket stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 23 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, http://springmobile.com, sells post-paid AT&T services and wireless products through its 210 AT&T branded stores. Cricket Wireless, www.cricketwireless.com, is a new AT&T brand offering pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories. We operate 37 Cricket stores in select markets throughout the United States.