OKLAHOMA CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After nine months of intense competition, 12 talented SONIC Drive-In crews are advancing to the Final 12 round of the annual DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES, taking a VIP trip to New Orleans for the last challenge at the 2014 SONIC National Convention. Each crew will compete in final events on Sunday, Sept. 7 and Monday, Sept. 8, and the top three crews, as well as the top individual station champions, will be recognized at an awards ceremony at the end of the week.
“The DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES are an integral part of our training program, adding a level of gamification and individual recognition that motivates our most passionate and enthusiastic crews to push themselves all year long for the chance to win an all-expense-paid trip to our National Convention for the finals,” said Omar Janjua, chief restaurant operations officer for SONIC. “After two days of final events, the crews get to simply enjoy themselves in New Orleans and get to know each other. It’s great for team-building and lets us show them how much we truly appreciate their dedication to top-notch customer service and the SONIC brand.”
Crews participating in the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES take on challenging team and individual competitions and quizzes throughout the year in their local markets. The competition spans nine months and tests crewmembers’ expertise in the areas of Carhop (food delivery), Fountain (drink preparation), Switchboard (order taking), Food Dresser, Grill and Swamp (food preparation).
The Final 12 crews, in alphabetical order, are:
1. Aiken, S.C., crew from the 2092 Whiskey Rd. SONIC Drive-In
2. Boise, Idaho, crew from the 10480 West Ustick Rd. SONIC Drive-In
3. El Paso, Texas, crew from the 10655 Vista Del Sol Dr. SONIC Drive-In
4. Evans, Ga., crew from the 4436 Washington Rd. SONIC Drive-In
5. Little Rock, Ark., crew from the 2917 Cantrell Rd. SONIC Drive-In
6. Nampa, Idaho, crew from the 1109 12th Avenue Rd. SONIC Drive-In
7. North Augusta, S.C., crew from the 1036 Edgefield Rd. SONIC Drive-In
8. Pineville, La., crew from the 3505 Monroe Highway SONIC Drive-In
9. Smithville, Mo., crew from the 1506 S. US Highway 169 SONIC Drive-In
10. Topeka, Kan., crew from the 3520 S.E. 29th St. SONIC Drive-In
11. Topeka, Kan., crew from the 2053 S.W. Western Ave. SONIC Drive-In
12. Waynesboro, Ga., crew from the 275 South Liberty St. SONIC Drive-In
At the 2014 SONIC National Convention, between the final events and the awards ceremony at the end of the week, the Final 12 crews get a well-deserved vacation, including special events, entertainment and a meal hosted in their honor by Clifford Hudson, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Sonic Corp.
“Dr Pepper® has been a proud sponsor of the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES for 20 years. We are honored to be a part of SONIC’s commitment to making every guest experience memorable. Seeing crew members succeed and enjoy their jobs makes this a rewarding partnership for both Dr Pepper® and SONIC,” said Blaine Wood, director of sales for Dr Pepper®.
About SONIC, America’s Drive-In
SONIC, America’s Drive-In, is the nation's largest drive-in restaurant chain serving more than 3 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of SONIC’s 3,500 drive-in locations are owned and operated by local business men and women. Over the past 60 years, SONIC has delighted guests with signature menu items, more than 1 million drink combinations and friendly service by iconic Carhops. SONIC received top honors as America's "#1 burger quick service restaurant," ranking in the top 5 of all brands in the 2014 Temkin Experience Ratings report. To learn more about Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ/NM: SONC), please visit sonicdrivein.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.