AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wisegate, the next-generation IT advisory service, announced today the Wisegate On-the-Go mobile app is now available to the group’s members, some of the nation’s senior-most IT professionals, enabling on-demand access to the Wisegate Knowledge System. Through the always-on app, they can connect with other senior IT practitioners to get the fast answers and knowledge they need for creating and implementing strategy, selecting technologies, managing teams and achieving goals for the leading organizations and enterprises around the world.
By applying social sharing models to IT, the Wisegate Knowledge System is changing the economics of delivering IT advisory services. IT professionals look to Wisegate to fill the gap in actionable, trusted IT information that they don’t receive from traditional, outdated advisory services. Wisegate serves the immediate, individual needs of senior IT professionals by:
- Using innovative social and matching technology to connect members to answers by matching them with the most relevant peers and content
- Building a growing collection of peer-to-peer knowledge from members based on their real-world experiences and insights
- Offering hands-on help for every member through Wisegate’s personal concierge service, live roundtable calls, Q&A sessions, polls and brokered one-on-one peer discussions
- Cultivating a trusted and vendor-free peer network made up of senior-level IT practitioners who have been fully vetted
“Today, IT leaders find that information from traditional advisory services is not very actionable because it is typically second hand, not fully trusted, and often outdated due to long research planning cycles. With online information, it takes a significant amount of time to dig through the noise, and it is not always clear if the information is reliable,” said Dan Dinhoble, co-founder and VP of product strategy at Wisegate. “The Wisegate On-the-Go mobile app helps our members get fast, trusted answers from their peers for their specific IT challenges and cut through the unreliable noise online by staying connected to the Wisegate Knowledge System wherever they are.”
The Wisegate On-the-Go mobile app features include:
- Questions and Polls: Members can ask questions or post polls directly to their Wisegate peers
- Enhanced Search: Members are able to search across discussions, files, reviews and roundtable calls. They can find other members with specific expertise, or find members in common industries or associations.
- Notifications: Members receive notifications when others respond to their questions and polls, or when new information is posted in topics of interest.
- Discussion feeds: Members can stay on top of the latest in IT with personalized discussion feeds
“IT is quickly evolving and we need a more responsive, trusted way to get information in order to stay on top of industry challenges and trends,” said Brian O’Hara, VISO at Do it Best Corp. “With Wisegate’s On-the-Go mobile app, I get faster information that I can put in practice immediately. It’s as simple as posting a question on my phone and within minutes, I begin receiving useful, actionable feedback from my peers.”
The app was released earlier this year and already, more than 75 percent of Wisegate’s members are actively using it for information on the go – from searching and reading content to interacting in polls with other members.
To learn more about the Wisegate Knowledge System, please visit www.wisegateit.com.
At Wisegate, we’re passionate about unlocking the potential of the collective expertise of IT’s top professionals. We call it next generation IT advisory; our members call it a godsend. Through advanced matching and social technology, a trusted peer network and hands-on help, IT practitioners connect to share best practices and answer IT’s toughest questions, directly and without vendor influence. Wisegate curates these conversations into searchable content and formal reports as a service to its members, and often the outside world as well. See a list of our public reports and other wisdom unveiled here.