DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FireHost, the secure cloud provider, has hired two security and cloud veterans to further guide the company as it continues its high-growth momentum. The company has named Steve Lesem as chief marketing officer and Eleri Gibbon as vice president of EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). The appointments strengthen FireHost’s international presence and help expand its market presence for compliance- and security-driven businesses.
A seasoned executive, Lesem brings a wealth of sales, product, and marketing experience to FireHost. As the company’s CMO, he will utilize his security and cloud expertise to further position the company as the secure cloud leader while increasing market share, revenue and customer acquisition. Meanwhile, Gibbon’s industry knowledge and experience in driving revenue and sales strategy, particularly in cloud and security markets, will help her lead the EMEA sales and business development efforts as FireHost enhances its customer outreach throughout the region.
- Prior to joining FireHost, Lesem was president and CEO of Mezeo Software Corporation, which delivered storage services for cloud applications, through its acquisition by Zimbra.
- Lesem was CMO for VeriCenter, a colocation and managed services company, and helped facilitate its acquisition by SunGard. He has held various executive positions with global scope at BMC Software, IBM, and Safenet.
- Gibbon brings more than 15 years of experience in senior sales and relationship positions, most notably with Compuware and Rackspace. At Rackspace, Gibbon was responsible for growing revenues and optimizing the sales structure of the company’s EMEA group.
- Just last month, FireHost was named the specialty leader in Gartner’s Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting Magic Quadrant, which acknowledged the company’s growing visibility as a secure cloud provider that reduces risk for companies by providing a secure cloud infrastructure to help them protect critical data and achieve strict compliance requirements.
- By continuing to attract top talent with focused expertise, FireHost is fueling its growing momentum in providing compliance- and security-driven businesses a truly secure cloud without compromise. C-suite and senior level appointments this year include adding Jim Lewandowski as FireHost’s CEO, retired U.S. Army Col. Jeff Schilling as chief security officer (CSO) and Jim Hilbert as senior vice president of global sales, respectively.
- FireHost doubled its revenue each of the past three years and announced a $25 million Series E funding round in April.
Jim Lewandowski, CEO, FireHost
“As we continue to elevate the importance of security and compliance in cloud environments, it’s important that we bring on top-tier talent like Steve and Eleri. FireHost has the technology and processes in place to protect our clients, but we are firm believers that we must have the right people in place to truly be effective. Steve and Eleri are important leaders who can expand FireHost’s ability to deliver secure, compliant cloud protection of critical applications and data to a marketplace that desperately need it.”
Steve Lesem, CMO, FireHost
“FireHost has already made important progress toward building a brand that distinguishes itself around security and compliance in the cloud. I’m looking forward to globalizing the company’s message as the go-to cloud provider for businesses that are serious about protecting their data and assets in the cloud while attaining their regulatory compliance requirements. This is an important company that views its role for its clients as a serious one. My experience in cloud, security and with high-touch customer engagements translates well to helping FireHost grow to the next several levels.”
Eleri Gibbon, VP EMEA, FireHost
“Data breaches have become an unfortunate reality for businesses. Anyone is a threat. Data security is without a doubt the top organizational concern for businesses, and FireHost tackles this concern head on. All of FireHost’s solutions and services are designed with security as the primary attribute. This is why we’re seeing greater demand and why it is such an exciting time for the company. FireHost is solving a real, pressing need.”
FireHost offers the most secure, managed cloud IaaS available, protecting sensitive data and brand reputations of some of the largest companies in the world. With private, cloud infrastructure built for security, compliance, performance and managed service, responsible businesses choose FireHost to reduce risk and improve the collection, storage and transmission of their most confidential data. FireHost’s secure, managed cloud IaaS is available in Dallas, Phoenix, London, Amsterdam and Singapore, and offers robust, geographically redundant business continuity options across all sites. Based in Dallas, FireHost is the chosen secure private cloud service provider for brands that won't compromise on the security of their payment card, healthcare, and other regulated data. www.firehost.com
Follow FireHost on: