CLEVELAND--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Women in Manufacturing™ (WiM), a national organization dedicated to the attraction, retention and advancement of women in the manufacturing sector, today announced the election of 12 members to the group’s inaugural Board of Directors.
“I could not be more pleased to welcome this outstanding group of women leaders in the manufacturing sector to our inaugural WiM Board,” said Allison Grealis, president of WiM. “Now, more than ever, the American manufacturing sector needs strong and creative leadership to overcome obstacles and continue on the path toward growth and prosperity. With the help of our newly constituted Board, we will continue to demonstrate that not only are women good for manufacturing, but manufacturing is good for women.”
The members of the newly elected Board include:
- Karla Aaron, President, Hialeah Metal Spinning, Inc., Hialeah, FL
- Krista Brookman, Vice President, Catalyst, Milwaukee, WI
- Elizabeth Engels, Independent Consultant, ACER Consultants, Timken (retired), Canton, OH
- Lisa Habe, President & Chairman of the Board, Interlake Industries, Inc., Willoughby, OH
- Kellie Johnson, President, Ace Clearwater Enterprises, Torrance, CA
- Sheila LaMothe, Manager, Marketing & Public Relations North America, TRUMPF Inc., Farmington, CT
- Una Lauricia, Senior Intellectual Property Attorney, Eaton Corporation, Cleveland, OH
- Doneen McDowell, Plant Manager at Detroit Hamtramck Assembly & Brownstown Battery Assembly, General Motors, Detroit, MI
- Diana Perreiah, President, Building and Construction Systems - North America, Alcoa, Atlanta, GA
- Shontra Powell, VP Global Client Solutions, Johnson Controls, Inc., Milwaukee, WI
- Catherine Werner, Environmental, Health and Safety Leader, General Electric, Louisville, KY
- Gretchen Zierick, President, Zierick Manufacturing Corporation, Mt. Kisco, NY
“I look forward to working with these women as we continue to grow WiM’s community and campus chapters across the country, and to enhance the member benefits we offer to corporations, industry professionals and students,” concluded Grealis.
The new WiM Board will convene for the first time on August 20, 2014. Board member bios are available at www.womeninmanufacturing.org/about/board.
Women in Manufacturing™ is a more than 400-member-strong national organization dedicated to the attraction, retention and advancement of women who are pursuing or have chosen a career in the manufacturing industry. This group encourages the engagement of women who want to share perspectives, gain cutting-edge manufacturing information, improve leadership and communication skills, participate in sponsoring programs and network with industry peers. Members benefit from exclusive access to regional and national programming, networking opportunities, mentoring and sponsoring programs, monthly professional development webinars, a customized employment tool called WiMWorks, online discussion communities, the quarterly Impact e-newsletter and a robust searchable online directory. www.womeninmanufacturing.org