CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--APICS announced today that it has completed its merger with Supply Chain Council (SCC), creating the premier global provider of supply chain research, education and certification programs.
“I’m delighted to report the merger with APICS was ratified by a near-unanimous majority of SCC voting members,” said Jason Wheeler, chair of the APICS Board of Directors. “This overwhelming support shows that leaders of many of the most important global supply chain organizations believe that this combination will benefit our combined members, customers, partners and employees.”
“The completion of this merger is an important milestone for APICS and a historic moment for the global supply chain industry,” said John Sells, chair of the SCC Board of Directors. “APICS and the APICS Supply Chain Council (APICS SCC) together offer the first and only single-source solution for individuals and corporations looking to evaluate and improve supply chain performance.” APICS SCC is the new entity that combines SCC and APICS Foundation research and development programs.
“As APICS and APICS SCC, we now have the resources to ensure supply chain organizations are ready to address two of the most important topics in the global economy today – elevating supply chain performance and developing supply chain talent,” said Abe Eshkenazi, CEO of APICS.
The merger creates a global leader in supply chain solutions, poised to benefit members, customers, partners and employees in several ways. Specifically, the merger:
- Creates the industry-leading portfolio of brands. The combination unites entities ranked #1 (APICS) and #2 (SCC) recently by SCM World, each holding the most respected brands in the markets they serve. The SCC SCOR® model and SCOR Professional (SCOR-P) brands will be leveraged along with APICS’s Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) designation brands to help corporations and professionals achieve their goals.
- Ensures investment, improvement, innovation and continued relevancy of training, standards, certifications and intellectual capital. The combination offers greater resources and access to an expanded network of subject matter experts and volunteers committed to advancing the organization’s reputation as the source of industry standards, benchmarks and thought leadership.
- Strengthens global competitive position. The unified entity offers greater resources and creates more opportunities to distinctively serve members, customers, corporations and partners in over 100 countries around the world.
- Builds strong platform for growth. The combined product portfolio offers significant cross-sell and global expansion opportunities including the marketing of SCC's highly-respected training programs based on the SCOR model to APICS's clients, as well as the marketing of APICS's industry-leading courseware and designations to SCC's clients.
- Captures significant operational efficiencies. The combination is expected to identify operational efficiencies and greater economies of scale primarily in back-office and support areas and through the sharing of technology platforms.
APICS and APICS SCC plan to share more details about these benefits early next year. As the integration progresses, members, customers and partners can expect ongoing communications and view information about the merger on the APICS website at www.apics.org/apicsscc.
APICS is the leading professional association for supply chain and operations management and the premier provider of research, education and certification programs that elevate supply chain excellence, innovation and resilience. APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) designations set the industry standard. With over 40,000 members and more than 250 international partners, APICS is transforming the way people do business, drive growth and reach global customers. For more information, visit apics.org, join the APICS LinkedIn group at apics.org/linkedin, and follow APICS on Twitter at twitter.com/APICS.
About APICS Supply Chain Council
APICS SCC advances supply chain and operations management and innovation through research, publications, education and talent development. APICS SCC maintains the Supply Chain Reference model (SCOR®), the supply chain management community’s most widely accepted framework for evaluation and comparing supply chain activities and performance. For more information, visit apics.org/apicsscc.