BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Blueport Commerce, the omnichannel solution for the $78 billion furniture industry, today announced record growth for the first half of 2014. During the first two quarters, total sales grew by more than 150 percent over the first half of 2013. Blueport also said that sales for its ecommerce website, Furniture.com, increased more than 400 percent in the first half of 2014 compared to the first half of last year.
In addition, Blueport announced the following significant client wins in 2014:
- The Brick: the $1.3 billion Canadian furniture retailer signed with Blueport, displacing a Fortune Top 50 Company competitor.
- RoomsToGo: the #4 retailer of Furniture Today’s Top 100 2014 list launched on Furniture.com.
- Leon’s: extended its contract with Blueport for another seven years. Leon’s will also invest in marketing Furniture.com in Canada.
“Blueport’s unique value proposition is driving superb growth and success with many of North America’s largest furniture retailers. Our technology solution doesn’t disrupt or replace brick-and-mortar furniture retailers, but enables them to optimize the Internet as a marketing and sales channel and enhance the shopping experience for their customers,” said Blueport Commerce President and Chief Executive Officer Carl Prindle. “In a $78 billion industry in which online sales account for a mere 4 percent, we see a tremendous opportunity ahead of us.”
Other year-to-date highlights included the launching of two innovative technologies:
- Store-Sync, a patent-pending technology platform that seamlessly marries the in-person experience of touching and feeling furniture in a local store with the convenience of online shopping.
- Furniture.com’s Augmented Reality Mobile App, which allows shoppers to see how a piece of furniture will actually look in a particular room in their home. The app was selected as a finalist in the Most Innovative Mobile App - Product category for the Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange (MITX) 2014 What’s Next Awards.
“Our results demonstrate that we are well positioned to be a dominant player in the online furniture space,” said Prindle. “Our SaaS technology platform and unique marketing and sales tools are enabling and transforming an industry that previously has been tremendously challenged in creating a successful online sales model.”
About Blueport Commerce
Blueport Commerce is the omnichannel solution for the $78 billion furniture industry. We marry retailers' bricks-and-mortar infrastructure and expertise with our decade of online furniture experience, innovative technology and unique marketing and sales solutions to create modern, efficient, easy shopping experiences. $6.3 billion in retailers choose Blueport. For some retailers, Blueport's SaaS ecommerce platform powers their branded omnichannel websites, driving sales online and in their stores. For other retailers, we drive online sales through Furniture.com, our ecommerce website. For many retailers, we do both. Our technology is transforming furniture retail, for the 4% of sofas that sell online and the 96% that don't. Learn more at www.blueport.com.