LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Utimaco, a worldwide leading manufacturer of hardware-based security solutions, today announced that Malte Pollmann, CEO of Utimaco, will be speaking at BSides 2014, a community-driven event built for and by information security community members. BSides 2014 coincides while thousands of IT leaders and information security professionals are in Las Vegas for Black Hat and DEF CON.
Who: Utimaco CEO Malte Pollmann
What: “Protecting Data – How Cultural-Political Heritage Shapes Security Approaches”
Where: BSides 2014, Tuscany Suites & Casino, 255 East Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV
When: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 4:00-5:00 p.m. PT
In Europe, security systems are built with the end goal to safe-keep the privacy of sensitive data. In the U.S., security systems are architected with the goal of securing sensitive infrastructures. Recent revelations about the NSA snooping and international backlash demonstrate the dramatic international differences in privacy vs. security values. Those differences also play out in how security systems are architected. Beginning with “what is the data being protected?” vs. “how do we keep the bad guys out?” will lead to two very different security solutions.
Malte Pollmann is CEO of Utimaco, a worldwide leading manufacturer of hardware-based security solutions, providing hardware security modules (HSM) to manage cryptographic keys and prevent third-party data breaches. At the core of industries seeking to deploy HSM technology lies the need to secure sensitive consumer, corporate and citizen data, as well as advanced IP-based networks in the face of connected devices and the Internet of Things.
Utimaco’s scalable and customizable HSM works as the cornerstone of trust within industries such as:
- Automotive – key security to enable connected and automated driving solutions
- Big Data – enabling compliance for protection of privacy
- Conditional Access Control – keeping content safe from unauthorized access
- Connected Devices – generating and assigning cryptographic signatures to connected devices, verifying the authenticity and integrity of the permit, before executing commands
- eID – offering secure border control, electric identification and other eGovernment functionalities
- Energy Market – providing regulatory compliance and auditability to highly regulated energy market
- Manufacturing – deployed in offshore production environments to provide device identity and protect against insider threat
- Mobile Telecom – offering tamper-proof subscriber authentication
- Payment Solutions – providing secure PIN code generation, card issuing, Point of Sale and ATM management
Utimaco is a leading manufacturer of hardware based security solutions that provide the root of trust to keep cryptographic keys safe, secure critical digital infrastructures and protects high value data assets. Only Utimaco delivers a general-purpose hardware security module (HSM) as a customizable platform to easily integrate into existing software solutions, embed business logic and build secure applications. Tens of thousands of enterprise and infrastructure companies rely on Utimaco to guard IP against internal and external threats and protect hundreds of millions of consumers globally. Visit Utimaco at: https://hsm.utimaco.com/