BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IBC Life Sciences, the organizer of market leading events in drug discovery and biologics development, today introduced the “Success Factors for Early Stage Biologicals and Early Stage Companies” program track at BioProcess International (BPI), October 20-23 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA. This new program feature is designed to provide early stage innovators of biologicals with the insights and approaches to increase downstream clinical success. The full program track can be viewed at http://www.ibclifesciences.com/BPI/early-stage.xml.
“Biologic drugs are complex products with complex development processes, and yet the biggest barriers to efficient development are not technical - but strategic. Those tasked with conducting the work must understand and tolerate the risks and challenges that arise during drug development,” said Mark Moody, Ph.D., Biopharma Consultant and Former Vice President, Analytical Sciences. “The introduction of the Success Factors for Early Stage Biologicals and Early Stage Companies track at BPI will offer much needed strategic and practical advice to innovators that will help improve their chances of downstream success.”
The program track kicks-off with two feature keynote presentations from Ganesh V. Kaundinya, Ph.D., Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer, Momenta Pharmaceuticals and Ralph Lambalot, Ph.D., Vice President, Biologics Development, AbbVie.
To help meet real-world challenges of biological development, the program also features three case studies by:
- Genocea Biosciences, Inc. describing the development of a subunit vaccine, comprised of 3 novel proteins with alum adjuvant, from antigen selection to IND.
- Cook Pharmica LLC on the rapid development of a platform from cell line development to process development and scale-up to manufacturing.
- ImmuNext, Inc. on partnering with Pharma at the preclinical stage with a sponsored research collaboration that exploits the biological expertise of the biotech start-up and the CMC/RAQ/clinical expertise of the Pharma partner.
Furthering the education of attendees, key presentations will be given by high-profile executives, including:
- “Efficient Biologics Lifecycle Development - Maximizing Value while Reducing Risk, Time, and Cost”, presented by Mark Moody, Ph.D., Biopharma Consultant and Former Vice President, Analytical Sciences, Merrimack Pharmaceuticals.
- “Getting More Done with Less: Case Study of An Early Stage Company” presented by Neil Schauer, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Technical Operations, Avaxia Biologics.
- “Life in the Fast Lane: Nonclinical Strategies for Accelerating Early Clinical Proof-Of-Concept for Biologics” presented by Krishna Allamneni, Ph.D., Executive Director, Nonclinical Development - Early Development and New Opportunity Assessment, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
BioProcess International conference programming is held on October 20-23, 2-day training courses on October 21-22 and the exhibition is October 21-23. Complete details on this event can be found at www.IBCLifeSciences.com/BPI or to receive a press pass or arrange an interview with a speaker, email Dawn O’Connor at email@example.com.
About IBC Life Sciences
IBC Life Sciences, a division of Informa, is your connection to the life sciences industry. Through conferences, webinars, podcasts and its suite of integrated marketing solutions, IBC Life Sciences delivers expert knowledge, valuable connections and customized offerings so customers can meet their goals. www.IBCLifeSciences.com
IBC Life Sciences hosts the annual BioProcess International™ (BPI) Conference and Exhibition. The BioProcess International Conference & Exhibition is where the biologics value chain meets to do business. Each year BPI attracts over 1500 biologics industry leaders for four days of power networking and learning. No other industry event delivers the high-level connections and insight needed to accelerate your business. Use this preeminent industry platform to showcase your company, products and thought leadership. To get involved, visit www.IBCLifeSciences.com/BPI