DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kncztv/indonesia_b2c) has announced the addition of the "Indonesia B2C E-Commerce Market 2014" report to their offering.
The fourth most populous country in the world, Indonesia has had a relatively low penetration of Internet subscribers, below 30% in 2013. However, by 2016 the number of Internet users is projected to top 100 million, with online shopper penetration also increasing.
Over half of Internet users in Indonesia access the web via mobile cellular devices, and a quarter of all adults in the country have a smartphone. The highest potential for mobile commerce in Indonesia comes from instant messaging and social networking apps, which are among the most popular activities carried out on Indonesian smartphones. Some popular messaging apps, such as Line and KakaoTalk already have the E-Commerce option integrated in their function. Shopping via mobile browsers and retail apps is also on the rise, with some merchants reporting as much as one third of total online sales coming from mobile users.
Given the recent growth and still untapped potential for online shopping, the competition landscape in Indonesia is very diverse, featuring models such as C2C forums and classifieds, C2C online marketplaces, B2C E-Commerce merchants and social network sellers. Across these models, the C2C online portal OLX (formerly Tokobagus) had the largest penetration on online shoppers in Indonesia in Q1 2014, followed by online classifieds website Berniaga, online forum and marketplace Kaskus and B2C online merchants Lazada and Zalora. Of the foreign E-Commerce websites, Amazon.com, eBay.com and Aliexpress.com are the most popular. Of the three, only eBay has local operations in the form of an online marketplace Blanja.com, a joint venture with Telko Indonesia.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- What is the state of B2C E-Commerce in Indonesia and how will it develop?
- How do online shoppers in Indonesia make their purchases and what are their characteristics?
- Who are the major players in the E-Commerce space in Indonesia?
Features of This Report:
- This report aims inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions.
- This report provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information maximum objectivity is ensured for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and Company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- An international team researches and filters all sources and translates relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results are delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kncztv/indonesia_b2c