IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASICS America is honored to support its exceptional roster of track and field athletes, congratulating Sharon Day, Kara Patterson, Amanda Smock, Lolo Jones and Becky Holliday for their standout performance at this year’s USA Track & Field Championships. Sharon Day, Kara Patterson and Amanda Smock finished on top placing 1st in their events, with additional exceptional performances from Lolo Jones and Becky Holliday.
This past weekend, the 2014 USATF Outdoor Championships compiled the nation’s best track and field athletes in Northern California to compete, serving as the final stop of the 2014 Outdoor USATF Championship Series. The event was held at Sacramento State University's Hornet Stadium, which has been the site for several recent record-setting performances.
ASICS is thrilled to congratulate their athletes who competed in the Track & Field Championships this year. Standout performances included:
- Sharon Day hurdled, jumped and ran past her opponents finishing 1st place in the women’s heptathlon. Day also gained her 3rd National title in the women's heptathlon.
- Kara Patterson gained exciting momentum, throwing 62.43m distance, placing 1st in the women’s javelin, and her 5th National title in the women’s javelin.
- Amanda Smock hopped, stepped, and jumped her way to 1st place in the women’s triple jump. Smock landed her 3rd National title in the women's triple jump.
- Lolo Jones crossed the finish line in 3rd place in the women’s 100m hurdles.
- Becky Holliday jumped into 3rd place in the women’s pole vault.
ASICS also congratulates Heather Kampf, Ryan Martin, Johnny Gilbertson, Russ Winger and April Steiner Bennett for their performances at this year’s event.
“We’re so proud to be represented by a group of talented, determined individuals at this year’s competition,” said Annie Adams, ASICS Athlete Manager. “It was exciting to witness such standout performances from our athletes throughout the championship. Their consistent hard work, dedication and a desire to succeed make them the perfect fit for our brand, and we look forward to cheering the team on for their competitions the remainder of the year.”
Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body,” is an old Latin phrase from which ASICS is derived and the fundamental platform on which the brand still stands. The company was founded more than 60 years ago by Kihachiro Onitsuka and is now a leading designer and manufacturer of performance athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit www.asics.com.
The stripe design featured on the sides of ASICS® shoes is a trademark of ASICS Corporation and is a registered trademark in most countries of the world.