DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ndpm82/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Polyethylene Industry - Emerging Markets in Asia-Pacific to Drive Modest Growth" report to their offering.
The global polyethylene industry has witnessed a period of low growth in the last two years due to a slowdown in China and India, which showed strong demand in the past decade and proved themselves to be the growth engine of the global polyethylene industry. Russia has emerged as another growing market for polyethylene with a twofold increase in demand volume in the last decade. It is also expected to show a strong demand growth rate over the next five years.
The Middle East and Africa has seen the fastest pace of production in the last decade. In terms of absolute change in production, Asia-Pacific continues to lead the market with an increase in production from 16.77 mmty in 2003 to 27.703 mmty in 2013, at Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.1% in the last decade. New plants in China and India will continue to drive production in the region to 35.72 mmty in 2018.
- Historic and forecast global polyethylene capacity by region
- Details of planned polyethylene plants
- Major global polyethylene producers' capacity shares
- Historic and forecast polyethylene market size, demand volume and production volume by region
- Global polyethylene demand by end-use sector
- Polyethylene price forecast by region
- Profiles of the three largest companies in the polyethylene industry
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Global Polyethylene Capacity - Asia-Pacific and the Middle East and Africa to Drive Capacity
4 Global Polyethylene Industry - Modest Growth Rate Expected Over the Next Five Years
5 Major Companies Active in the Global Polyethylene Industry
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ndpm82/global