SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure.1 Vendors were evaluated based on their ability to execute and completeness of vision.
- According to the report, “A vendor in the Visionaries quadrant demonstrates an ability to increase features in its offering to provide a unique and differentiated approach to the market. A Visionary will have innovated in one or more of the key areas of access layer technologies within the enterprise (e.g., convergence, security, management or operational efficiency).”
- According to Gartner, “The access layer market consists of vendors that supply wired and wireless LAN (WLAN) hardware and software components that provide the first connectivity to the infrastructure access layer, from the edge of the enterprise network to the end users or connected devices.”
- According to Gartner, “With limited growth in IT resources, administrators require one network management application, one access security solution, one guest access application or one policy enforcement solution with the flexibility to be deployed in a public cloud, private cloud or on-premises. This integration reduces the costs associated with the upfront capital expense of multiple network service applications — each dedicated to either the wired infrastructure or the wireless or cloud components.”
- Gartner summarizes, “The march in the enterprise toward access layer vendors, instead of wired- or wireless-only vendors, continued. In our research, we found that enterprises also want choices of architecture deployment options, whether for on-premises, private cloud or public cloud deployment capabilities. Additionally, controller-based or controllerless WLAN is a vendor implementation option, not an enterprise requirement, and enterprises with defined usage scenarios should look for pricing based on market- equivalent functionality that meets their usage needs.”
- To download a copy of the report and see Gartner’s perspective, go here: http://info.aerohive.com/Gartner-MQ-Request---2014_Registration-Page.html
- To find out more about how Aerohive’s solutions support today’s mobile-first enterprises, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/solutions/technology
“We’re honored to be recognized as a Visionary for the third year running in Gartner’s annual Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure Magic Quadrant,” said David Flynn, chief executive officer, Aerohive Networks. “As mobility changes everything in the enterprise landscape, a mobile-centric access layer is becoming more critical for day-to-day business needs in every industry. We consider this recognition a testament to our commitment to deliver solutions that enable enterprises to leverage the power of mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business.”
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 14,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for the Wired & Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure” by Tim Zimmerman, Andrew Lerner, Bill Menezes, June 26, 2014.