NORCROSS, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Precyse Technologies, a leading pioneer of wireless Remote Entity Awareness and Control (REAC) systems for managing high-value physical assets and personnel, announced today that one of the largest international oil and gas companies is implementing Precyse Technologies REAC systems in ten CO2 recovery plants tracking over 1,000 workers in Texas. The safety and security solution improves muster event procedures and, of critical importance, helps quickly locate and assess the state of missing personnel. The facilities span several hundred acres in size and, due to the ever-present risk of flammable gases, are rated Class I, Division 1 and 2 hazardous areas (similar to IECEx and ATEX Zone 0). Yet due to the easy-to-install infrastructure, the implementation will be completed by the end of the summer. Additionally, management has approved seven more sites to follow. Precyse Technologies, as they have done in other industries, outperformed competing technologies in a side-by-side comparison. The Precyse Technologies solution uses battery-powered intrinsically safe devices, Badge xAgents and Micro xBeacons, coupled with Precyse network infrastructure and sophisticated software, to remotely identify, locate, monitor and communicate with personnel during mustering events and normal day-to-day operations.
“Our solution is an industry-first that integrates intrinsically safe performance with our patented REAC wireless technologies. In addition to understanding the intrinsically safe needs of this industry, we designed our solution so oil and gas companies that operate in the most hazardous conditions, can quickly deploy a turn-key package that improves worker safety and security,” says Drew Bolton, director of operations at Precyse Technologies. “Our safety and security solution set includes mobile Smart Agents, easy to install wireless network infrastructure, and real-time operations, control room, and HES (health, environment and safety) software tools to proactively monitor and manage the workplace to assist emergency response efforts.”
The Precyse Technologies solution offers numerous benefits including:
1. RTLS - using patented assisted GPS (A-GPS) and active RFID technologies, identify locations and status of personnel inside, outside, and in transitional areas as commonly found in complex industrial environments.
- Helps emergency responders efficiently identify, locate, monitor status of and even communicate with workers.
- Increases operational efficiency through personnel and high-value asset tracking, e.g. worker attendance, location dwell-time, and time reporting.
2. Built-in man-down detection – when a field worker falls the system automatically reports the event in real-time.
3. Automated alerts and notifications via configurable business rules – for example, when a worker falls, presses a panic button, or enters an unauthorized area Precyse Technology software automatically displays a message to system users and when warranted sends emails and text messages to emergency responders, HES, control room operators, security personnel and/or supervisors.
4. Dynamic two-way communication:
- Text notification capabilities enable control room operators to communicate with workers in the field, further enhancing remote “visibility” and management of the workforce.
- Adjust Smart Agents’ behavior in real-time. For example, under normal operations, the Badge xAgent may report a worker’s location every several minutes, but in an emergency or during a muster event, the system automatically switches Badge xAgent location reporting to every second.
5. Real-time and historical reporting:
- Full visibility of worker’s locations and status (e.g. in motion or stationary) during normal day-to-day operations.
- During muster events Precyse Technology’s muster application automatically displays the location of and tallied counts for workers safe at muster points, in transit, unresponsive, etc.
- Post muster reports help meet OSHA requirements to demonstrate compliance
- Historical reports show worker on-site presence and specific work area/zone, by individual, work group (e.g. electricians), etc.
6. Cost effective, scalable infrastructure:
- The communication range between Badge xAgents and Bridge xPort (Precyse Technology’s wireless communication hub) can exceed 1km, thus minimizing primary infrastructure costs to cover large areas.
- In areas without reliable GPS, the small, light-weight, battery-powered Micro xBeacon is easy to install with magnets, zip-ties, metal strapping or similar hardware.
- Once installed, infrastructure supports additional business case uses beyond safety and security. Industry-leading communication distances maximize coverage areas, speed deployment and reduce installation time and cost.
About Precyse Technologies
Precyse Technologies is a leading pioneer of wireless Remote Entity Awareness and Control (REAC) systems for remotely managing high-value physical assets and personnel. Precyse Technologies’ solutions empower enterprises to maintain knowledge of and automatically react to the physical, environmental and technical status of their critical physical assets including people, vehicles, equipment, instruments and inventory in real-time, improving visibility and decision making among operations, HES, IT and management. The Precyse Technologies Solution, using patented technologies incorporating assisted GPS (A-GPS) and active radio frequency identification (Active RFID) communications into a single “Smart Agent”, provides real-time REAC capabilities for Fortune 500 organizations. Precyse Technologies serves the following industries – oil and gas, mining, chemical, energy, terminal operations at airports and shipyards, and yard management at vehicle distribution facilities. Additionally, Precyse Technologies services industrial manufacturing and other hazardous and non-hazardous heavy industries. For more information visit www.precysetech.com.