DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/69qb2r/the_overview_of) has announced the addition of the "The Overview of Japanese Dental Market" report to their offering.
This report gives an outline of the dental materials and equipment (machines and instruments) market in Japan showing the trend in numbers of dental clinics, dentists, related workers, and patients. The report also shows the related laws and official systems, size of the market, major players and distribution channels.
The number of dental clinics increased rapidly up through the 1990s, but has remained fairly flat since 2004, now at about 68,000 offices.
The increase in dental clinics has been accompanied by an increase in dental hygienists, who now exceed 108,000 in number and the number of dentists has also been uniformly increasing, having reached about 103,000 in 2012.
According to a health-care economic survey carried out by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in 2009, the market volume in terms of end-user price was 360.8 billion yen (compared to 324 billion yen in 2003).
Issues identified within the industry include:
- The number of dental clinics and dentists
- Lower quality treatment
- Sharp increase of complaints over shift toward expensive elective treatments antiquated modes of distribution
Key Topics Covered:
- Defining the Market for Dental Materials and Equipment
- Trend in Number of Dental Clinics
- Trends in Number of Dentists
- Dental-Related Workers
- Trends in Number of Patients
- Related Laws and Official Systems
- Size of the Market
- Related Professional and Industrial Organizations
- Major Companies
- Distribution channels
- Issues in Dental Business
- Looking Ahead
- Takara Belmont
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/69qb2r/the_overview_of