DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hzdz7h/empowering) has announced the addition of Javelin Strategy & Research's new report "Empowering Underbanked Consumers In The Mobile Era: Identifying Bank Needs and Ranking Top Prepaid Providers" to their offering.
The underserved, underbanked, and unbanked population is large and diverse: At present almost 3 in 10 Americans fall into this category. Because of the underbanked market's clout, alternative financial providers are stepping up to provide products and services expressly tailored to meet the needs of this increasingly influential group. Prepaid accounts, coupled with mobile access, FDIC insurance, and bill pay, are one of the better ways that alternative providers are serving high-tech, underserved consumers.
The report ranks 13 prepaid providers on their underbanked consumer offerings and examines five second-chance providers. This report not only looks at the financial behaviors and habits of this highly mobile, younger group of consumers but also examines its preferences for omnichannel banking interactions, and makes recommendations for best practices.
- How many Americans are underbanked and unbanked, and what is their general profile?
- What devices (e.g., computers, laptops, tablets, feature phones, or smartphones) do the underbanked favor for various transactions?
- Do underbanked customers prefer the branch, ATM, call center, or online or mobile banking for different financial activities?
- What payment methods (debit, checks, prepaid, etc.) do the underbanked use most?
- What are the best prepaid products on the market?
- What are the best practices for serving the underbanked?
Key Topics Covered:
- Primary Questions
- Executive Summary
- Rankings: Prepaid Account Providers for Underbanked Consumers
- Defining the Underbanked
- Demographics of the Underbanked
- Device Ownership Among the Underbanked
- Mobile Banking and Bill Payment Use Among the Underbanked
- Preferences Among the Underbanked for Common Banking Activities
- Payment Use Among the Underbanked
- Second-Chance Banking Services for the Underbanked
- American Express
- BBVA Compass
- Bill Me Later
- City Bank Texas
- Commonwealth One FCU
- Duane Reade Family Dollar
- Fifth Third
- Green Dot
- H&R Block
- Heritage Community CU
- JPMorgan Chase
- Office Depot
- Super Dollar
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
- Western Union
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hzdz7h/empowering