NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CE Week announced today a robust conference program showcasing keynotes, press conferences, partner programs and panel sessions featuring some of the top names and brands in the consumer technology industry including Intel, Makerbot, Monster, Sharp, Sony and Tiffen. Known as the CE industry’s top annual mid-year event, CE Week brings together media, analysts and technology thought leaders for product debuts, a comprehensive conference program and networking events all focused on innovation. CE Week 2014 is scheduled June 23-27 in New York City, with the CE Week Exhibits and Conference Program scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
The CE Week Conference Program will explore the hottest trends and topics emerging in the consumer technology market including connected car technologies, next-gen TV innovation, 3D printing, wearable technologies, digital health, robotics, augmented reality and more. Conference sessions and events taking place at CE Week 2014 include:
CE Week Conference Program (at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Gallery):
KEYNOTE: Meet the Makers: Re-Imaging the
Future of Computing
Scheduled for 11 a.m., Wednesday, June 25, Intel Futurist Brian David Johnson will examine the growing interest in making and tinkering and how the rise of the ‘maker movement’ is reshaping the creation and personalization of everything from Internet-connected robots to wearable tech.
Programmatic Buying: The Majority of CE
Manufacturers and Retailers are Doing it…Are You?
Scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 25 and presented by OwnerIQ, this session will explore the latest trends in programmatic buying with featured speaker Bob Scaglione, senior vice president, Strategic Channel Development, OwnerIQ.
Making High Resolution Audio Accessible
Taking place at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 25 and moderated by Marc Finer, senior director of The Digital Entertainment Group (DEG), industry execs will join in a lively discussion about what's necessary to bring the many benefits of High Resolution Audio to a broader audience.
The Whos and Whats of Wearable Tech
Scheduled for 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 25, this panel, which will be moderated by Lauren Indvik, editor-in-chief at Fashionista.com, will focus on the latest offerings from the next big, billion dollar tech industry of wearable technologies.
Your Third Eye: Augmented Reality in the Age
Taking place at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, June 26 and moderated by Avram Piltch, online editorial director at Laptop Magazine, this panel will feature experts from the fields of wearable computing and augmented reality to explain what your world will look like when viewed through code-colored glasses.
Good-Bye Rosie! The Era of the Next Gen Home
Scheduled for 10:15 a.m., Thursday, June 26 with moderator Lance Ulanoff, chief correspondent and editor-at-large, Mashable, this panel will explore the future of robots as toys and learning tools, and features companies that ran successful crowd-funding campaigns.
3D Printing For the Rest of Us
Taking place at 11:15 a.m. on Thursday, June 26 and moderated by Tony Hoffman, analyst, printers and scanners at PCMag.com, this session will show what’s possible and who’s working on easy-to-use and affordable 3D printers.
KEYNOTE: The Impact of the CE Revolution on
Scheduled at 12:20 p.m. on Thursday, June 26, this keynote presented by David Putrino, physical therapist/co-founder of GesTherapy and StreetSmartScience, will discuss the impact of the CE revolution on healthcare and humanitarian efforts.
Digital Health: What’s the Prognosis?
Taking place at 12:45 p.m., Thursday, June 26, this session, moderated by Jeremy Kaplan, editor-in-chief at Digital Trends, will explore the latest mobile tools and gadgets being used to improve and analyze personal health.
Internet of Things: Can We All Get Along?
Scheduled for 1:30 p.m., Thursday, June 26 and moderated by Rich Brown, executive editor, CNET, this panel of experts will discuss how connected objects and appliances will impact consumer lifestyles.
The Big Picture of Digital Imaging
Scheduled for 2:15 p.m., Thursday, June 26, this panel, which will be moderated by Helena Stone, editor-in-chief, Chip Chick, will discuss what’s on the horizon for the future of standalone digital cameras.
CE Week Partner Conference Sessions:
- Connected Car Conference (C3): Scheduled from 1-5 p.m., Tuesday, June 24 and produced by automotive tech expert, Doug Newcomb, the second annual C3 at CE Week will highlight game-changing market drivers from in-dash technology to advancements in self-driving innovation. Taking place at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Gallery.
- Your Next TV: Taking place from 8:30 a.m. – noon on Tuesday, June 24, this conference will examine the future of UHD/4K and advances in content production, distribution communities and the evolution of technologies that are bringing the next generation of television to consumers. Taking place at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Gallery.
- 2nd Screen Sports Summit: Scheduled from 1-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 24 this conference will discuss, debate and drive forward the momentum of the 2nd Screen market. Taking place at the Midtown Loft and Terrace, 267 Fifth Avenue.
- VideoNuze Online Video Advertising Summit: The 4th annual VideoNuze Online Video Advertising Summit will bring together 300-350 senior advertising, agency, content provider and technology executives for keynotes, panel discussions, research presentations, fireside chats and demos throughout the day. Scheduled from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 25 at Midtown Loft and Terrace, 267 Fifth Avenue.
- DI Symposium: Scheduled from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 24, this event will explore the many business and consumer issues facing the Digital Imaging community, and present unique perspectives from a diverse group of companies. Taking place at the Apella at the Alexandria Center, 450 East 29th Street.
CE Week Exhibitor Press Events:
Wednesday June 25, 2014
- 8-9 a.m., Sharp Press Conference - Altman Gallery
- 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Pioneer Press Conference - Altman Gallery
- 2:15-3:00 p.m., Monster Press Conference - Altman Gallery
- 3:45-4:30 p.m., Sony Electronics Press Panel on All things 4K - Altman Gallery
Thursday June 26, 2014
- 12:00-12:20 p.m., Withings Press Conference - Altman Gallery
CE Week Events:
- Women in CE Forum: Scheduled at 10 a.m., Tuesday, June 24, this dynamic forum focuses on empowering women in the consumer technology industry. Taking place at the Rubin Museum of Art.
- CE Week Media Breakfast, powered by ShowStoppers: Scheduled from 9-11 a.m., Wednesday, June 25 at the Metropolitan Pavilion, this exclusive media-only breakfast will provide a preview of the CE Week exhibit floor before the show officially opens.
- Battle of the Bands: Scheduled 12:30-1:30 p.m., June 25 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Gallery, attendees will have ringside seats as the top fitness bands compete in this high energy, heart-pumping session.
- FashionWare Fashion Show: Kicking off the opening night of CE Week Exhibits at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 25 at the Metropolitan Pavilion, this fashion show will feature the hottest trends in wearable technology.
CE Week 2014 serves as the technology industry’s mid-year destination, drawing more than 1,000 media, analysts and retailers. The event features more than 150 participating companies including technology startups as well as major global brands including Denon, Delphi, DISH, Epson, Pandora, Pioneer, Seiki, Sharp, Sony, Tiffen, TiVO, Westinghouse and WowWee.
For more information on exhibitors or conference sessions, or to register for CE Week 2014, visit CEWeekNY.com. Follow CE Week 2014 on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter and use the official CE Week hashtag, #CEWeek.
About CE Week:
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry’s official weeklong, citywide event in New York City. The official mid-year meeting, conference and new technology showcase includes the event headquarters, CE Week Exhibits, which is the site of CE Week’s largest exhibition hall and conference program. CE Week is organized in association with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® by Martin Porter & Associates and Consumer Technology Publishing Group/NAPCO, publisher of Dealerscope, Technology Integrator and the Technology Tell Network.