GULF BREEZE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AppRiver is extending data-centric security to a new generation of mobile devices with its free CipherPost Pro™ email encryption app that is now available on Android, Apple, BlackBerry and Windows mobile devices.
A report from Gartner last year revealed that by 2017 half of employers will require employees to supply their own mobile device for work purposes. Research indicates that the rise of mobile computing has changed the way we communicate, access information, and in some cases, has transformed business.
And while today’s mobile workforce can increase business productivity, it also presents complex challenges to IT security. “Users work from any location at any time, and they do so with data that’s accessible from the company network,” explains David Liberatore, senior director of technical product management, AppRiver. “In an era when the privacy of data is consistently under scrutiny it is important to examine the integrity of your company’s mobile security posture.”
To address the changing market and protect sensitive information, AppRiver has introduced its secure email app that provides complete end-to-end protection.
AppRiver's CipherPost Pro allows users to create, read, track and reply to encrypted messages on any smartphone or tablet. As a cloud-based native solution, the app requires no enterprise installation while still ensuring global administrative control and enforcement of compliance policies. No private data is stored on devices using the app, so confidential information is well protected in the event the device is lost or stolen.
Key features of the new CipherPost Pro App include:
- Compose and Track New Messages on the Go: Mobile users can access, compose and send encrypted messages on the go, enabling truly anytime, anywhere secure communication and collaboration.
- Real-Time Message Tracking and Recall: Using CipherPost Pro's patented 'Delivery Slip', the app allows users to track the receipt of secure messages in real-time, see if messages have been read, forwarded, printed or deleted, or even recall a message even after it has been read.
- Native Device App Integration: As a native solution, the app lets mobile users enjoy their familiar phone features and experience while optimizing battery life and bandwidth.
- MDM Integration: Ideal for organizations and partners that embrace BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), the app can be deployed through MDM (Mobile Device Management) systems without requiring enterprise-level installation of software or hardware. Policy administrators can globally manage compliance policies on any device.
- Data Loss Protection: As a cloud-based app, all messaging data is protected in the cloud, never stored on the device. Access to the app can be remotely enabled or disabled in the event a device is lost or stolen, additionally protecting the user's secure account against unauthorized access.
- Compliance Features: Regulations such as HIPAA, PSQIA, PCI DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, FINRA Rule 8210, NHS security policy and many others specify strict requirements for the protection of confidential and personally identifiable information (PII). These regulations include clear guidelines for protecting such information during transportation and storage. The CipherPost Pro App helps maintain compliance on company-issued or personal smartphones and tablets, reducing the risk of data leakage with minimal administrative effort and technical impact. In the "Bring Your Own Device" era, such protection is increasingly important.
AppRiver is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider offering award-winning email and Web security solutions to businesses of all sizes. Understanding the need to protect networks from today's increasingly complex IT threats, AppRiver offers businesses a comprehensive, yet affordable subscription-based solution that incorporates the latest spam and virus protection, email encryption and Web security on the market. In addition, the company provides a complete managed service for Microsoft Exchange, as well as a bundled Office 365 solution. Since its inception, AppRiver has sustained an impressive 93% customer retention rate while growing its customer base to more than 47,000 companies and over 8.5 million mailboxes worldwide. The company maintains offices in Gulf Breeze, Florida, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia and Switzerland, and is led by an Ernst & Young Florida Entrepreneur of the Year award winner. For more information, please visit www.appriver.com.