SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ServiceNow® (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced the availability of new products and features that drive service transformation throughout the global enterprise. The new ServiceNow release offers an enhanced custom application creation experience, new service automation products, executive decision-making visualization tools and a more intuitive user experience.
The service model defined by IT is increasingly in demand, giving IT the ability to use its successful roots to transform service across all business domains. Organizations such as HR, facilities and legal are rapidly moving into service-oriented models. IT is at the epicenter of this transformation and is ideally situated to provide the framework for the management of enterprise services. A service-oriented framework defines the service taxonomy, creates a consumerized service experience, orchestrates service workflows, automatically remediates issues when they arise and measures performance and availability of services. Successful service models require this foundation to support the load and scalability that will be needed to transform an organization to a service orientation.
The products and features in this new ServiceNow release give IT the ability to create a new service experience for business users and improve the framework on which IT can deliver those services across the enterprise. For example, business users can use Service Creator to independently create and deliver services that automate mundane tactical activities typically managed in spreadsheets and email. For larger projects, IT can use ServiceNow Demand Management to easily assess the demand from each business function and then use the new CIO Roadmap to drive conversations with business stakeholders about IT investment decisions. Services can be automated with applications that are purpose-built to solve specific business challenges. These applications can be custom created by users or are offered as complete and customizable applications built by ServiceNow, such as ServiceNow Facilities Service Automation. And the underlying infrastructure can be managed with a comprehensive set of technologies, including ServiceNow Event Management, that enable fast remediation of the issues that could cause business interruptions.
“Enabling our line-of-business users to build solutions themselves creates leverage for the IT department which sometimes cannot keep up with the demand for new applications,” said Carolyn Hollingsworth, senior manager service delivery, Lennox International. “Service Creator is, in effect, a ‘do-it-yourself’ business automation service managed by IT.”
“As tracking and visibility are core to CH Robinson’s DNA, we value how ServiceNow has applied those functions to service automation,” said Hunter Wolf, solutions engineer, CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. “Based on our success in IT automation, our business departments are keen to use ServiceNow as a better way to manage their work tasks.”
Each of the capabilities in the new release is built on the extensible ServiceNow platform and therefore leverages the common data model shared by the entire ServiceNow application portfolio. The new release offers ServiceNow customers:
Enhancements to the Custom Application Creation Experience
- Service Creator – a new feature that allows non-technical business users to create service-oriented applications faster than ever before.
- Form Designer – a new feature that enables rapid creation and modification of forms with visual drag-and-drop controls
New Service Automation Products
- Facilities Service Automation - a new application that routes requests to the appropriate facilities specialists and displays incidents on floor plan visualizations
- Visual Task Boards - a new feature to organize services and other tasks using kanban-inspired boards that foster collaboration and increase productivity.
- Executive Management and Visualization Tools
New IT Operations Management Applications
- Event Management - a new application that collects and transforms infrastructure events from third-party monitoring tools into meaningful alerts that trigger service workflows
- Configuration Automation – an application that controls and governs infrastructure configuration changes, enhanced to work in environments managed with Chef data center automation.
“Organizations relying on email and spreadsheets to run their business are waging a losing battle for efficiency,” said Shane Jackson, vice president marketing, ServiceNow. “With ServiceNow, IT can work side-by-side with business users – or even enable them to develop applications on their own – to automate all kinds of service-oriented tasks in literally any business function.”
This ServiceNow release is immediately available.
- Vitamix is using ServiceNow to automate services in human resources, operations maintenance and facilities management to accelerate growth. For more information, please see today’s announcement.
- Here’s a blog post on today’s news from ServiceNow Chief Strategy Officer Dave Wright.
ServiceNow is the enterprise IT cloud company. We transform IT by automating and managing IT service relationships across the global enterprise. Organizations deploy our service to create a single system of record for IT and automate manual tasks, standardize processes and consolidate legacy systems. Using our extensible platform, our customers create custom applications and evolve the IT service model to service domains inside and outside the enterprise. ServiceNow transforms IT from the department of no to the department of now. For more information, visit www.servicenow.com.
ServiceNow, and the ServiceNow logo are registered trademarks of ServiceNow. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.