LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Moms and their families can spend more time at the beach, and less time dealing with common illnesses and infections this summer thanks to the new telehealth app LiveHealth Online. The LiveHeath Online app offers a safe, fast and easy way for moms to talk face to face with a doctor to get a diagnosis and treatment for themselves and their families for urgent care conditions that pop up every summer, like hand-foot-mouth, pink eye, rashes, sunburns, and other air-and-water borne viruses.
Moms can use the LiveHealth Online app 24/7, 365 days to talk securely and privately by two-way video chat with a U.S.-based, board certified primary care doctor. If needed, the LiveHealth Online doctor can send prescriptions directly to their local pharmacy.
“Because of the immediate service, the LiveHealth Online app is a summer must for moms. No lost beach time due to waiting around,” said actress, mom and activist Elisabeth Röhm.* “As the family’s chief health officer, the LiveHealth Online app gives me peace of mind that I can reach a board certified doctor and get treatment for my daughter, husband or myself from anywhere at anytime--even when we’re on the road.”
Registering for LiveHealth Online is fast and easy--just download the app from iTunes or Google Play store and sign-up in one quick step. Or, you can visit www.livehealthonline.com and register. Röhm suggests moms download the app when their family is healthy so that when someone does get sick, mom can help get everyone on the road to recovery as fast as possible.
“LiveHealth Online provides an easier, more convenient and more affordable way to get diagnosed and treated for urgent care conditions than a hospital urgent care or retail clinics,” says Dr. Peter Antall, a Live HealthOnline primary care doctor and practicing pediatrician in Westlake Village. “Using the LiveHealth Online app, moms now have access in minutes to a trusted doctor without leaving the comfort of their home or office - no more appointments, long lines or exposure to more germs from sick patients.”
LiveHealth Online is a cost-effective alternative to urgent care or retail clinics and costs $49 for an urgent care visit.
For PPO members of Anthem Blue Cross, a LiveHealth Online visit is covered at the same cost as a primary care visit, and claims reimbursement is automatically filed with these insurance carriers.
Summer is all about having staying safe and having fun. The LiveHealth Online app is a great tool to help moms survive this summer along with these health and safety tips from Dr. Antall:
- Never leave a child unattended at the beach or pool; always enclose a backyard pool with a gate and keep it locked when it’s not in use.
- Consider dressing your kids in bright, matching swimsuits or rash guards so they stand-out from the crowd and are easier to keep an eye on.
- Kids should always wear life jackets on a boat, jet ski or anytime they participate in a water sport.
- Don’t let your kids drink ocean or pool water. It’s often swimming with bacteria like e.coli.
- Apply a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 (sunblock with zinc oxide is best) or higher 30 minutes prior to sun exposure; reapply generously every two hours, even more frequently after swimming.
- Everyone should wear rash guards and hats especially at the beach to limit the potential for sunburns.
- Don’t schedule outdoor play dates during peak sun hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
General Summer Safety:
- Keep everyone well-hydrated with water bottles, popsicles and fresh fruit - dehydration can be common in kids.
- Apply insect repellant with DEET to help ward off mosquitos, which can carry the West Nile virus, or ticks, which can carry Lyme disease.
- When you’re home from the beach or hiking, do a body check for ticks and always shower off.
- Don’t be shy about digging in the dirt with your kids - just be sure everyone washes their hands when they get home.
About LiveHealth Online
LiveHealth Online is a telehealth tool that provides consumers with a convenient way to have live video conversations with doctor, get a diagnosis, and receive treatment for common urgent care-type health conditions. Consumers can access board certified doctors through livehealthonline.com or on an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet using the free app. It is secure, private, easy-to-use and affordable. Consumers can have live, instant or planned visits with their choice of doctors seven days a week, 24 hours a day, using two-way video conferencing, along with instant messaging. LiveHealth Online is the trade name of Health Management Corporation.
*Elisabeth Rohm is compensated for her support of LHO.