IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--INSTEON, creators of the world’s best-selling home automation and control technology, today announced that its Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.1 apps are now available for download from the app stores. The apps come with unique features designed with Windows users in mind, which makes controlling and monitoring the home simple and easy.
Windows-exclusive INSTEON app features include:
- Visitor Mode – provides restricted access to children or guests in your home
- Live Tiles – get status on multiple devices directly on your Windows 8.1 Start screen (not currently available on Windows Phone 8)
- Enhanced Camera Support – view multiple cameras at once, view full-screen, and camera support without the need of an INSTEON Hub
- Multi-House Support – enables you to control multiple homes or businesses from a single account
- Dashboard View – a quick and organized view of the status of your home
“As the established player in the field, we have seen the rising interest in home automation among mainstream customers for the past several years and are seeing growth from businesses as well,” said Joe Dada, CEO, INSTEON. “We look forward to introducing our leading technology to Windows users everywhere.”
To download the Windows 8.1 app, please visit http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/insteon-for-hub/77f93ec1-fa24-4f57-95fb-43c25e769f03. To download the Windows 8 Phone app, please visit http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/insteon-for-hub/eecfed66-32df-4ebc-8be2-8b9fea0a538a.
Developed in Irvine, California, the award-winning INSTEON remote control product line includes more than 200 devices, from lamp dimmers to thermostats and LED bulbs. INSTEON delivers the fastest, most reliable wireless device communication in the industry with its innovative dual-band and simulcast mesh technology, creating the optimum platform for the coming Internet of Things. INSTEON products are available throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as internationally. For more information about INSTEON®, please visit www.insteon.com, or connect with INSTEON on Facebook (www.facebook.com/insteon) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/insteon).