AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Virtual Bridges, Inc. today announced the availability of Bridgepoint, a powerful cloud orchestration system that allows organizations to easily deploy and manage virtual workloads in public, private and hybrid clouds. With Bridgepoint, organizations can quickly build a desktop virtualization infrastructure in any cloud environment, leveraging existing investments in server virtualization infrastructure, including OpenStack and VMware.
Bridgepoint is available immediately for a 30 day free trial, for up to 25 seats. Visit the free trial page to get started.
As a platform agnostic solution, Bridgepoint eliminates vendor lock-in and gives IT organizations, including those with existing VMware technology, more choice and flexibility in how and where they deploy virtual workloads. In addition, Bridgepoint allows organizations to use both VMware and OpenStack, migrating desktop workloads between these environments as required. Support for additional cloud environments is in development and will be added in future releases to meet customer demand.
“Today if you want to leverage the cloud to spin up virtual desktops, your options are limited, expensive, complex and confining,” said Jon Senger, chief strategy officer at Virtual Bridges. “Bridgepoint changes everything, letting organizations turn existing clouds into powerful desktop virtualization solutions. As the industry’s only cloud-agnostic solution, Bridgepoint works across platforms and requires no expensive hardware or reference architectures – meaning organizations can now get much more out of their existing cloud investments.”
Deployed as a single downloadable virtual appliance, Bridgepoint is easy to set up, navigate and configure, and can be operational in less than 15 minutes. The solution features six key components, including:
1. Management Interface – enables enterprise architects and operations teams to easily configure cloud desktop orchestration inline with their enterprise-specific clouds and virtual workload needs
2. Cloud Orchestration Engine – initiates, manages, and maintains the full feature-set of cloud enabled resources across multiple environments
3. Chargeback and Reporting – enables IT admins to efficiently track and display desktop activity, resource utilization and trending for both chargeback and showback scenarios
4. Smart Brokering – serves as the central communications hub for cloud tenants, automatically interpreting the differences in protocols and access methods in efficiently routing traffic to the appropriate clouds, hosts and storage subsystems
5. Monitoring – provides efficient tracking of cloud APIs, compute nodes, networks, storage and SLAs of all end user devices
6. Storage Management – manages and optimizes storage consumption and allocation across cloud resources, reducing the total cost of ownership by minimizing the storage footprint and increasing user satisfaction by optimizing for speed
Bridgepoint supports a broad base of use cases, and is the only cloud management platform that natively supports Windows and Linux virtual desktops.
Pricing and Availability
Virtual Bridges Bridgepoint is available immediately for a free 30 day trial, for up to 25 licenses. For more information, visit the free trial page.
About Virtual Bridges
Virtual Bridges provides enterprise-class desktop and workload virtualization for private, public and hybrid cloud environments. Used by hundreds of organizations around the world, Virtual Bridges delivers secure, anytime, anywhere access to end-user devices, files, applications and programs. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas and backed by Austin Ventures. For more information visit: http://vbridges.com.