SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AirStrip, the leading provider of mobile healthcare solutions that drive clinical transformation, has announced an agreement with Texas Health Resources to deploy AirStrip ONE® throughout the health system. The AirStrip ONE platform will give clinicians seamless access to disparate data systems from multiple vendors, allowing them to interact with patient information both within and outside of the hospital using mobile devices.
The AirStrip ONE deployment will support several key Texas Health initiatives to strengthen patient care, including:
- Managing patient populations for various disease states including congestive heart failure
- Improving efficiency in care coordination
- Reducing likelihood of hospital readmissions for cardiac care patients
- Enabling rapid clinical decision support, particularly in critical care areas
- Monitoring of high-risk pregnancies
Texas Health is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the U.S., with more than 3,800 licensed beds and more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. Texas Health also operates 58 outpatient facilities, surgery centers, fitness centers, imaging centers and more than 250 other community access points within its comprehensive network.
AirStrip ONE is the first enterprise-capable, vendor-, platform- and data-source-agnostic clinical mobility solution. Its broad interoperable capabilities and platform will provide a system-wide backbone that integrates Texas Health’s primary EMR system with various ambulatory EHRs, PACS images from third-party sources across the enterprise, and a host of other innovations that will work in tandem with AirStrip’s industry-leading mobile monitoring capabilities.
“AirStrip closely analyzed Texas Health’s strategic goals, and their team realized the full potential of partnering with AirStrip to leverage our interoperability to usher in clinical mobility throughout the care continuum,” said AirStrip CEO Alan Portela. “The visionary innovators at Texas Health never stop looking for ways to improve quality and safety. Together, we will transform care delivery on behalf of the diverse patient populations they serve.”
The AirStrip/Texas Health Resources agreement is the latest in a series of major announcements from AirStrip in the first quarter of 2014, including:
- The acquisition of Sense4Baby, Inc. assets
- The launch of the AirStrip Innovation Marketplace (AIM)
- The first AIM collaboration agreements with the University of Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care and MedStar Health
- A record number of providers deploying AirStrip
- The launch of AirStrip INSIGHT, a Web-based application that delivers a detailed visualization and analytical context of usage patterns on behalf of customers
- CEO Alan Portela named one of the Top 50 in Digital Health
AirStrip® (www.airstrip.com) provides a complete, vendor- and data source-agnostic enterprise-wide clinical mobility solution, which enables clinicians to improve the health of individuals and populations. With deep clinical expertise and strong roots in mobile technology and data integration, AirStrip is empowering the nation’s leading health systems as the industry continues to evolve to new business models, accountable care and shared risk. Based in San Antonio, Texas, AirStrip allows health systems to unlock the full potential of their existing technology investments with a complete mobility solution that provides access to critical patient data across the care continuum. AirStrip is backed by investments from Sequoia Capital, Qualcomm, Inc., Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) and the Wellcome Trust. AirStrip’s base of visionary customers includes HCA, Texas Health Resources, Vanguard Health Systems (part of Tenet Healthcare Corporation), Dignity Health and Ardent Health Services.
• Blog: www.MobileHealthMatters.com
• Twitter: @AirStripmHealth
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/AirStrip