DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l4j37x/quantum_dots) has announced the addition of the "Quantum Dots Trends" report to their offering.
Quantum dots or QDs are minute-size spherical semiconductor nanocrystals having the property to confine the motion of carriers such as electrons, valence band holes and even excitons in all three axes. QDs exhibit a unique energy-harnessing ability, which can be used for converting energy from various sources such as solar photons into electrical energy. An ideal isolated quantum dot exhibits discrete energy levels, which corresponds to a delta-shaped density of states having no states among the delta peaks.
The report presents an overview of Quantum Dots market worldwide. The report also provides global market estimates and projections for Quantum Dots in US dollars for years 2012 through 2017. The report provides a review of strategic industry activities of major companies worldwide.
Key Topics Covered:
1. QUANTUM DOTS - AN OVERVIEW
- Quantum Dots - Introduction
- Quantum Dots - Properties
- Quantum Dots - Application in Key End-Use Segments
- Display Devices
- Telecom and Photonics
- In-Vivo Selective Tissue Marking
- In-Vitro Cellular Analysis
- Security Inks
- Diagnostic and Imaging Devices
- Other Applications
- Quantum Dots - Drawbacks
- Quantum Dots - Technological Advancements
2. MARKET TRENDS
3. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
- Nanoco Group Inks Global Licensing Agreement with Dow Electronic Materials
- Quantum Materials Launches New Range of Metal Tetrapod Quantum Dots
- Sony Incorporates Quantum Dot Technology of QD Vision
- US DOE National Lab Researchers Procures Tetrapod Quantum Dot Samples from Quantum Materials
- Merck Acquires Stake in QLight Nanotech
- Nanoco Group Inks Follow-On Agreement with Tokyo Electron
- Nanoaxis and Quantum Materials Form Technology Alliance
- Samsung Electronics Unveils Full-Color Quantum Dot Display Prototype
- Solterra Renewable Technologies Joins JETRO Program
- Solterra Renewable Technologies Inks Process Development
- Agreement with Flowid and FutureChemistry Holding Consortium
4. MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- American Elements
- CAN GmbH (The Center for Applied Nanotechnology)
- Cromoz, Inc.
- Crystalplex Nanotech
- Cyrium Technologies, Inc.
- Dow Chemical Company, The
- Evident Technologies, Inc.
- Irilliant, Inc.
- Lab21 Ltd.
- Nano Axis LLC
- Nanoco Group PLC
- Nanosquare, Inc. (South Korea)
- Nanosys, Inc.
- Nanotech-Dubna LLC
- Navillum Nanotechnologies LLC
- NN-Labs LLC
- Ocean NanoTech LLC
- Pacific Light Technologies
- PlasmaChem GmbH
- QD Laser, Inc.
- QD Solution
- QD Vision, Inc.
- Qlight Nanotech
- Quantum Materials Corporation
- Raytheon Company
- Reinste Nanoventures Pvt., Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich Co., LLC
- Voxtel, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l4j37x/quantum_dots