PIGEON FORGE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Two thrilling new shows, the world-wide phenomenon Mother Africa and the elegance of La Danza de Colombia, highlight a stellar lineup of international performances during Dollywood’s Festival of Nations, now through April 21.
This exotic and diverse event features more than 20 countries, represented through authentic demonstrations of music, dance, food and art. Traditional cuisine and cultural activities allow guests a glimpse into the traditions of other countries.
“I’ve been truly blessed to discover so many amazing and beautiful cultures during my travels,” said Dolly Parton. “I’m glad I can share those experiences with the folks who visit Dollywood during my Festival of Nations. Families can enjoy the best the world has to offer right here in my Smoky Mountain home.”
Several new shows highlight the exciting lineup, illustrating the festival’s extreme diversity. Mother Africa comes to D.P.’s Celebrity Theater after a recent stay in New York. This renowned 45-minute show combines African dancing, music and acrobatics to delight audiences through a world-class demonstration of rich rhythms and songs celebrating the diverse traditions found across Africa. While the artists hail from various countries throughout Africa, they perform as one when they present this stunning, high-energy production. All Festival of Nations shows are included with park admission.
Also new, La Danza de Colombia takes audiences on a journey through the rich heritage of Colombia. This fascinating show provides an elegant look at the majestic folklore and cultural traditions of the Colombian people. Full of the passion of Colombia, this show pairs emotional dance with moving and powerful music to create an experience audiences will not forget. La Danza de Colombia takes the Showstreet Palace Theater stage.
Dollywood’s 2014 Festival of Nations lineup also includes the following new shows and acts:
- Moscow Nights – Originally from Russia, this versatile trio is now one of the most popular, established folk groups in the U.S. with a repertoire featuring masterpieces of Russian folklore.
- Buddy MacDonald Trio – Canadian singer/songwriter Buddy MacDonald brings Celtic- and Gaelic-influenced folk infused with his unique sound and clever songs.
- Strings of Fire – Paraguay’s Ramon Romero, an international harp virtuoso, delivers the sounds and melodies of South America, proving to audiences his harp has “Strings of Fire.”
- Streichmusik Alder – An eclectic group of Swiss musicians brings upbeat and traditional music, including formation yodeling and alphorn players, from the Alps of Switzerland to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.
- Pianoforte Balletto – A drivable grand piano from Italy makes its way through the park taking music to the people. With a modern day Mozart behind the wheel—or the keys—this humorous musical instrument comes complete with a live ballerina on top.
- Acrobatic Unicycle – This daredevil from Ethiopia displays an amazing amount of courage as he performs extreme acrobatics on his tricky unicycle.
Returning favorites are Hodman and Sally, a wandering street act from the fictitious nation of “Oblvia”; Atahualpa, featuring native Incan instruments; Zambian Vocal Group, an a capella five-member male chorus; Zebra Stelzentheater, stilt dancers in original Bavarian folk costumes; a Scottish Bagpiper; and a Polish Accordion Player.
Each day, Dollywood’s One World Celebration unites all Festival of Nations’ visiting performers in a unique musical and colorful bash throughout Dollywood’s Showstreet area. Dressed in colorful native costumes, the international cast engages guests with this fun street celebration.
Beginning March 31, a plethora of delicious food options awaits guests thanks to the new Taste of Nations Food Sampler. Through this option, guests can visit any Festival of Nations food location and scan their pass to experience the tasty international delights. Guests save 20 percent by purchasing the Taste of Nations Food Sampler in advance for just $20. The sampler, which must be used by April 21, can only be purchased online at Dollywood.com/tasteofnations.
For B-roll, photography and more information. Check the Dollywood Media Room at http://www.dollywood.com/Media/Media-Room.aspx.