DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8t4ppx/television) has announced the addition of the "Television Industry Report (UK)" report to their offering.
This report has been fully revised and covers a host of issues present in the television industry. How big is the threat to channel operators from personal video recorders and what are they doing about it, how are technical changes changing the balance of power between channel operators and viewers, what does the market structure look like following a huge influx of new channels and what strategies are existing channels adopting to compete, how is the balance of power changing between channel operators and platform operators, what is the threat from OTT, broadband and mobile broadband, what is contract rights renewal, what exactly is the threat to television advertising from substitute products, can ITV retain a price premium for its advertising and why does video on demand technology make rights negotiations tense between channels and independent production companies,
These and many other issues are covered in a comprehensive analysis of the industry dynamics for the television business in the UK. The report is divided into five industries: television channels, television platforms, television advertising and television content. It uses proven economic frameworks to provide a balanced and objective assessment of the challenges facing the broadcasting industry.
Questions answered in this report include:
- What influences demand for television channels?
- How are changes in the television market affecting demand for television channels?
- What strategies are channel operators adopting to reduce buyer power?- What is the threat from substitute products?
- To what extent does technology influence how platform operators compete?
- The complexity of this market has a large bearing on how companies compete. Which strategies are platform operators following?
- How do BSkyB's competitive instincts manifest themselves in the marketplace?
- How important is advertising to the television industry?
- Explains the complexities of the market and the jargon, what is a share deal, TVR or a SAP
- How have new entrants affected the supply of television advertising?
- How does the UK fare in international markets?
- How are changes in strategy at ITV creating tensions in the content market?
- Tells me about demand for different rights and the complexities around negotiations for content rights.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8t4ppx/television
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.