OAKLAND, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, today announced the company’s return to the South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference and Festival to host its third annual Pandora Discovery Den, located at The Gatsby in the heart of Austin’s Red River District. More than 35 acts are scheduled to perform over four days, with each day highlighting a different musical genre, including electronic/pop, hip-hop/R&B, Americana and indie rock, to reflect the diversity of Pandora’s music library. Fans will be able to experience the Discovery Den both in-person and online via a multi-platform live audio stream.
Pandora also announced that it has crossed the milestone of 250 million registered users in the U.S. Listeners have now created over six billion stations, enabling Pandora to connect emerging artists as well as established acts to an ever-growing fan bans. The Discovery Den celebrates this process by bringing together an eclectic lineup of artists across multiple genres, providing access to all Pandora listeners via the live audio stream in addition to the hundreds of people in attendance.
“Music discovery has always been at the heart of the Pandora experience,” said Pandora Founder Tim Westergren. “By bringing that experience to life at SXSW with a diverse lineup of performers at the Discovery Den and through the over 70 million music fans that listen to Pandora every month, we are furthering our mission of helping people discover and enjoy the music they love, while helping artists reach and grow their audiences.”
The Pandora Discovery Den performances include:
- Wednesday, March 12 with feature electronic and pop music from Betty Who, Haerts, Supreme Cuts, Ryan Hemsworth, Goldroom (DJ Set), The Knocks (DJ Set), Charli XCX and Cash Cash.
- Thursday, March 13 with feature hip hop and R&B music from SoMo, The Internet, Lee Fields & The Expressions, The Coup, People Under the Stairs, Matisyahu, Mobb Deep, Dom Kennedy and Tyler, The Creator.
- Friday, March 14 will be co-presented with The Americana Music Association and feature Americana music from The Mowgli’s, Boy & Bear, The Felice Brothers, The Wood Brothers, Sons of Fathers, Wanda Jackson, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Rodney Crowell, Lucinda Williams and Shakey Graves.
- Saturday, March 15 will feature indie rock and eclectic music from MAGIC!, Kishi Bashi, Lindsey Stirling, Black Lips, Marie Miller, Moon Taxi, Little Daylight, Albert Hammond Jr. and Bleachers.
All performances will be broadcast live on Pandora’s web, mobile and tablet platforms. Please visit www.pandora.com/SXSW for the complete artist lineup, daily programming information and access to the live audio stream.
Pandora Discovery Den attendees will be treated to custom activations from sponsors, including Esurance, Nordstrom Rack, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Sprint and St. Ives®, a Unilever brand. Listeners are also encouraged to add the Pandora Discovery Den mixtapes to their Pandora station list to hear artists that will be performing at the Pandora Discovery Den. The mixtapes can be found at:
- SXSW Electronic Mixtape: www.pandora.com/sxsw/electronic
- SXSW Hip Hop Mixtape: www.pandora.com/sxsw/hiphop
- SXSW Americana Mixtape: www.pandora.com/sxsw/americana
- SXSW Eclectic Mixtape: www.pandora.com/sxsw/eclectic
Pandora (NYSE: P) gives people music and comedy they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song or genre. The Music Genome Project®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people turn on Pandora every month to hear music they love. www.pandora.com