DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rdlphc/north_american) has announced the addition of the "North American Nuclear Medicine/Radiopharmaceuticals & Stable Isotopes Market [SPECT/PET Radioisotopes (Technetium, F-18)], [Beta/Alpha Radiation Therapy (I131, Y-90)], [Applications (Cancer/Oncology, Cardiac)] & (Deuterium, C-13) - Forecast to 2017" report to their offering.
A study conducted by Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) estimates that Tc-99m diagnostic procedures are expected to increase by 15% to 20% in mature markets such as North America between 2010 and 2030. Radiopharmaceuticals in neurological applications such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and dementia are also being preferred by practitioners besides conventional treatment. Further, upcoming radioisotopes such as Ra-223 (Alpharadin) and Ga-68 possess huge potential for clinical applications. The scheduled shutdown of the NRU reactor in 2016 in Canada is, however, a major threat for manufacturers.
The U.S. is the dominant market for diagnostic radioisotopes with more than 80% share. The U.S. is the largest consumer market for radiopharmaceuticals in North America, while Canada is one of the largest producers of Tc-99m. Major players in the radiopharmaceuticals market are Cardinal Health, Inc. (U.S.), Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc. (U.S.), Nordion, Inc. (Canada), and Triad Isotopes, Inc. (U.S.).
The stable isotopes market was led by two players - Cambridge Isotope Laboratories (CIL) and Sigma Aldrich - in 2012; they jointly contributed more than 90% to the North American revenue.
- Australian Nuclear Association And Technology Organization (Ansto)
- Board Of Radiation And Isotope Technology (Brit)
- Bracco Imaging S.P.A.
- Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc.
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Covidien, Plc
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Ge Healthcare (Subsidiary Of General Electric Company)
- Iba Group
- Institute Of Atomic Energy Polatom Radioisotope Centre
- Institute Of Isotopes Co., Ltd.
- Institute Of Radioelement (Ire)
- Isotec, Inc. (Sigma-Aldrich)
- Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc.
- Nordion, Inc.
- Ntp Radioisotopes (Pty), Ltd.
- Petnet Solutions, Inc. (A Subsidiary Of Siemens Medical Solutions Usa, Inc.)
- Rotem Industries, Ltd., Inc.
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
- Triad Isotopes, Inc.
- Urenco Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rdlphc/north_american
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.